• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help Needed For 14 Mark Question in History!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum guys,

So this is my first year in O-Levels. I'm so scared of this 14 mark gigantic question. Our teacher told us that we have to write 7 paragraphs for a 14 mark question, I believe 14 mark questions are really time consuming and difficult to structure. I think I'm gonna fail in all 14 mark questions in my exam that is tomorrow.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful to him. I can also contact the person on Kik. Guys please help me!

Thanks.

Reaction score
I would really appreciate it if someone is willing to explain it to me through phone. Ask for my number and I'll PM my number to you (or PM your number).

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum guys,

So this is my first year in O-Levels. I'm so scared of this 14 mark gigantic question. Our teacher told us that we have to write 7 paragraphs for a 14 mark question, I believe 14 mark questions are really time consuming and difficult to structure. I think I'm gonna fail in all 14 mark questions in my exam that is tomorrow.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful to him. I can also contact the person on Kik. Guys please help me!

Thanks.
Try some past papers and read their marking schemes first...I think that would give u a better idea..and most of all......don't b scared at all, it destroys all of ur abilities

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum guys,

Thanks.
Larkai haar nhi maantay :)
First of all, you should believe in yourself that you can do it. Realize that it's not impossible.
Read the question carefully and understand what does it require. You have to to write about relevant things. Do not write huge stories as most of the students think that it would gain them marks.
Spend 2-3 min on what are you going to write. It's good to plan because it saves a lot of time and prevents you from writing irrelevant things.
Afterwards, start your answer by either agreeing with the reason or disagreeing. Write a short intro for about 4-5 lines. Then explain about 7-8 reasons that were the causes or whatever the question asks. Explain them quiet FULLY but not writing too much.
Here your summary skills would be really important. In the end, write a short conclusion too. This will earn you some precious marks. By following this method, you can acquire 11-14 marks.
Hope it helps and MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you shouldn't give up and keep moving. Life is not bad after all :)

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum guys,

Thanks.
Wasalaam!
Hey! I gave my CIEs last may june and Alhumdullilah scored As in all. :)
For 14 mark, yes u have to write 7 paragraphs. But keep in mind, CIE examiners only ask for five paragraphs, so atleast out of 7 write five paragraphs that are fully explained and well written. Plus, in the end , there's an eight paragraph too that is for conclusion, that gives u one bonus mark if vocabulary and the conclusion is well written. :)
Plus, for time management, Do one thing, that I did too.
Keep ur phone on stopwatch for 20 minutes that is maximum for a 14 mark question, and then practice the question. This way u'll be under pressure and will be able to improve the time. And just DONT PANIC :) That is most important. Have self confidence and u'll ace it IA.
For any further queries, you can PM me , If you want to...:)

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum guys,

Thanks.
I had same problem........ I suppose u are in O1 and have mid terms.................. I had my Section 1 coming n it......... But my brother had A* so i asked him......... He said first thing just think of as many reasons as u can...... Like Do u think lack of unity was main reason of war of independence,,,,,,,,, If u supporting it then try to think of more reasons and remember u have o give both sides but think of things that will support ur claim.. e.g Not fighting united, Princes against each other...... Not fighting under one cause. few of them liking the British rule etc. So just do that. And conclude. Also according to him its better to be good at vocab.......... For time management he used to do one question in 27 min.(His own idea).

Reaction score
Wasalaam!
Hey! I gave my CIEs last may june and Alhumdullilah scored As in all. :)
For 14 mark, yes u have to write 7 paragraphs. But keep in mind, CIE examiners only ask for five paragraphs, so atleast out of 7 write five paragraphs that are fully explained and well written. Plus, in the end , there's an eight paragraph too that is for conclusion, that gives u one bonus mark if vocabulary and the conclusion is well written. :)
Plus, for time management, Do one thing, that I did too.
Keep ur phone on stopwatch for 20 minutes that is maximum for a 14 mark question, and then practice the question. This way u'll be under pressure and will be able to improve the time. And just DONT PANIC :) That is most important. Have self confidence and u'll ace it IA.
For any further queries, you can PM me , If you want to...:)
hey i am really worried about my cie exams which are in a month or so ! my main prob is that i dont quite understand the concept of marking scheme and i just read that we have to like write 7 paragraphs ?? i would be very thankful if u would pleaseeeeeee explain me the marking scheme and the writing pattern of PST paper 1 answers.