• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help needed in bio

Reaction score
please someone tell me how to prepare a microscope slide

also tell me that what is meant by pure breed??

and how to test for the traits in plants or beans??how to tell which genes are present??

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
please someone tell me how to prepare a microscope slide

also tell me that what is meant by pure breed??

and how to test for the traits in plants or beans??how to tell which genes are present??

METHOD FOR PREPARING A SLIDE:

1. Take a small piece of onion and using forceps (tweezers) peel off the membrane from the underside (the rough side).
2. Lay the membrane flat on the surface of a clean glass slide, and then add one drop of dye (iodine or methylene blue). Be very careful; these dyes will stain your skin and clothes.
3. Using a pin, lower a thin glass cover slip onto the slide. Make sure there are no air bubbles.
4. Put the slide onto the stage of the microscope. Make sure the objective lens is set on low power, and the microscope light is turned on.
5. Look through the eyepiece lens and turn the focusing wheel until you can see the cells. They should look like lizard skin.
6. Swap the objective lens for a high powered one so that you can see the cells at a greater magnification. You should be able to make out the nucleus.

Answer to second question:
True/Pure breed means that both the Alleles in genotype are homozygous.

I also don't really remember the answer to third question, So, sorry about that!