• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help needed in Phy oct/nov 09 P-22!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
hi ppl..........

plz help me out wit phy oct/nov 09 p-22, qstn no. 5(b)................mark scheme says 180 degrees but im getting 270 degrees!!!!

Reaction score
but itx really simple........ Bothe points X and Y are the same distance apart from the start and end of the wave...... i.e: (1/8 L)..... so, they have to be in phase difference of 180 degree

Reaction score
I dint get this one too.. !!! my answer also coming 270.. by 2pi x/ lamda .. Kindly explain someone :/

Reaction score
If this question shows the formation of a stationary wave since it is reflected from a fixed end, then the phase difference would be 180 degrees...cos all points b/w two nodes have a pi radians or 180 degress phase differnece with the adjacent points on the nxt two nodes...hope u get that!!!

Reaction score
Another way of understanding this part is:

If you add the amplitudes of both together (which are the same, but in opposite directions), your answer will be zero. This shows a destructive interference (per say) and hence a phase difference of 180 deg/ pi radians.

Reaction score
so this means all points b/w nodes have zero phase difference but are at a pi radians phase difference from the points in the nxt two nodes........

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
so this means all points b/w nodes have zero phase difference but are at a pi radians phase difference from the points in the nxt two nodes........

Zzzz =ss !!! U mean to say that the phase difference is pi from th points in the next two nodes regardless of the distance from the fixed points ???? :sss ! U CANT GET A phasdifference of 0.5pi in a stationary wave ???? that is wt u meant by this or i understud wrong :roll: :roll: :? :?
We never did something like this in our scl :S