• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help Needed Regarding O-Level Mathematics Books

Reaction score
Hi,could anybody tell me some good books for O-Level Mathematics as I have used D1,D2,D3 and D4 and they don't cover complete syllabus and secondly the chapters aren't by order as the basics of some chapters are after the beginning of them in the book,eg Sets and Graphs etc which creates allot of difficulty to understand them.Secondly,I have seen some of resources for O-Level Mathematics on Cambridge Website like:
Book Name: O-Level Mathematics and Cambridge O Level Mathematics Vol. 1
Author Name: Simpson.A
Could anybody tell me that is it a good book who has used it and is it better than D1,D2,D3 and D4?, or could anybody tell me other books which are good.Anyways thanks for help. :)

Reaction score
Hi,could anybody tell me some good books for O-Level Mathematics as I have used D1,D2,D3 and D4 and they don't cover complete syllabus and secondly the chapters aren't by order as the basics of some chapters are after the beginning of them in the book,eg Sets and Graphs etc which creates allot of difficulty to understand them.Secondly,I have seen some of resources for O-Level Mathematics on Cambridge Website like:
Could anybody tell me that is it a good book who has used it and is it better than D1,D2,D3 and D4?, or could anybody tell me other books which are good.Anyways thanks for help. :)

I used the D series books and to be honest; they were simple, easy to understand and contained good challenging topic exercises and review exercises. They do cover the entire syllabus (except transformation matrices). If you have D1, D2, D3, D4 and the addendum then these 5 books along with the Classified Redspot past papers WILL be sufficient for your preparation for the CIE O'level Mathematics exam.

I suggest you to keep using the D series but if however, you find it difficult then you can perhaps go for the Cambridge recommended books but if you just want more practice then I suggest you to buy the Classified Redspot past papers and solve them, the entire book.

Reaction score
I used these books and I got an A*
They are easy to understand. However I did also study a lot from the D series. so I suggest you use both of them. Cover your syllabus from D and whatever is difficult or is not present in the D series study it from Audrey Simpson book