• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP NEEDED

Reaction score
Hello , I began to use this website to view Biology IGCSE past papers and i noticed from summer 2010 papers there are many papers of the same type for example: 3 papers of summer 2010 paper 1,and i want to know whats the difference between them .Please help. Thx

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome to XPC.

You are talking about 'Variants', i.e different versions of a paper in the same session (for countries with different time zones). The questions in these variants are closely related, and all of these variants give assessment of equal standard. They are country specific, and are mainly used to avoid cheating.
Also, variants are only for those subjects that have extremely large and widespread candidature.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome to XPC.

You are talking about 'Variants', i.e different versions of a paper in the same session (for countries with different time zones). The questions in these variants are closely related, and all of these variants give assessment of equal standard. They are country specific, and are mainly used to avoid cheating.
Also, variants are only for those subjects that have extremely large and widespread candidature.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Good Luck.

Thx aloy