• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP NEEDED!

Reaction score
salaam. i am a science student and i have just gave my o level exams.
i wanted an advice of which subjects should i take in A level that would help me in USA college or going in medical and in which it would be comparitevely easy to get A's.
Don't say urdu ,english, or islamiyiat.
i would really appreciate everyone's help.

Reaction score
abcd888 said:
salaam. i am a science student and i have just gave my o level exams.
i wanted an advice of which subjects should i take in A level that would help me in USA college or going in medical and in which it would be comparitevely easy to get A's.
Don't say urdu ,english, or islamiyiat.
i would really appreciate everyone's help.

Well, if you're wanting to go into medical then the best subjects to take would be the sciences (biology, chemistry and physics).
I'd say it's comparitively easy to get an A in biology, chemistry's kinda difficult and I don't take physics so I can't say anything about that.

However, if you are maybe thinking about applying to some UK universities then, for medical, you need at least 3 A level subjects:
One must be chemistry, the second can be any other science OR maths and the third can be anything you want.

Reaction score
Take the ones which you are good at.... Because it totally depends what you like... Decide it for yourself.... There are many subjects in which people get A and A stars easily....

Reaction score
what about Psychology ?
is it easier than sciences to take in A levels?
and also sociology. which one is easier?

Reaction score
abcd888 said:
but a level pysics is extremely difficult to get a A in it:(
true. if you want A stars then go for choose the minimum amout of subjucts required that are three. may i suggest biology, sociology and chemistry(though youll have to work really hard in chem) i think these are GREAT fif you want to go in the medical field. hope it helps.

Reaction score
abcd888 said:
what about Psychology ?
Psychology requires banging your head on the four walls of the room..all at once...cuz you cant get any proper notes 4m anywhere on the net..i've searched 4 it and the effort was totally abortive..!! If you have taken sociology in OL then it wud b damn easy 4 u...evn if u hvent...it requires basically rote learning...(if your gud at it)..!!
Gud Luck..! :)

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
abcd888 said:
what about Psychology ?
Psychology requires banging your head on the four walls of the room..all at once...cuz you cant get any proper notes 4m anywhere on the net..i've searched 4 it and the effort was totally abortive..!! If you have taken sociology in OL then it wud b damn easy 4 u...evn if u hvent...it requires basically rote learning...(if your gud at it)..!!
i completley support you on the psychology part! :lol:

Reaction score
I dont know how ppl find biology easier..!! anyway..depends on the teaching style too..!! Actually...If u talk about me, I find chemistry much easier than biology..!! and yeahh...physics is the tough one..!! So for medicine, Chemistry Biology and Physics(as)(coz A2 is damn difficult..but As is easy) And U can take maths jus to get an A...coz I guess its easy! but not preferred for Medicine!!..actually..m goin for medicine now..n i did the same..!

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
abcd888 said:
what about Psychology ?
One needs to have an interest in the subject but for the notes part I completely agree with you but there was a student in my school who just took psychology and sociology and got A* in his A levels !!! but again A level is much hard then O levels !!

Reaction score
I am taking both Sociology and Psychology and all I could say is Psychology AS is way better than Sociology AS.
Psychology A2 is a bit harder but overall, Psych is easier