• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP! PHYSICS A2

Reaction score
[quiste="SarahkAbdoon, post: 782645, member: 97067"]paper4 m/j/05 how do you solve question 3ii, 4ci and 6b??[/quote]

paper4 m/j/05 how do you solve question 3ii, 4ci and 6b??
6b is as follows when if current is sinusoidal then Ip=Io sin wt graph will be sinusoidal on the other hand v=vo sin wt then magnetic flux is sinusoidal in 6biii the phase difference is 90º I can answer for 4ci but dont know how to write on this computer sorry. For any other problem I you may ask I am ready to answer but will see if I can type it because I am not good at computer and typing. :)

Reaction score
[quiste="SarahkAbdoon, post: 782645, member: 97067"]paper4 m/j/05 how do you solve question 3ii, 4ci and 6b??

6b is as follows when if current is sinusoidal then Ip=Io sin wt graph will be sinusoidal on the other hand v=vo sin wt then magnetic flux is sinusoidal in 6biii the phase difference is 90º I can answer for 4ci but dont know how to write on this computer sorry. For any other problem I you may ask I am ready to answer but will see if I can type it because I am not good at computer and typing. :)[/quote]

i don't get the part "v=vo sin wt" because the formulae for magnetic flux is magnetic flux Φ = BAcos right?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Emf=-NBA/t, right? And The current in a coil is directly proportional to the magnetic field, right? So the first graph will be exactly like the second graph.
Now, for the emf graph, since emf is the negative gradient of NBA/t, so the emf graph will be the gradient of the 'phi' graph.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Emf=-NBA/t, right? And The current in a coil is directly proportional to the magnetic field, right? So the first graph will be exactly like the second graph.
Now, for the emf graph, since emf is the negative gradient of NBA/t, so the emf graph will be the gradient of the 'phi' graph.

i still dont get it ..

Reaction score
i still dont get it ..
Look, emf=-NBA/t.
B is directly proportional to the current flowing in the wire. Is it clear till here? So the first graph will be exactly like the original as they both are directly proportional.
Now, as for the second graph, emf is the negative gradient of the del phi and del t graph. So you can easily get the gradient, from the original graph, add the negative sign to it and plot it. As simple as that.