• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help Regardig Subjects (O Levels)

Reaction score
Hi people , need a bit help in selecting extras :).

Currently i have 10 subjects i.e

English
First Language Urdu
Second Language Urdu
Mathematics
Islamiat
Pakistan Studies
Physics
Chemistry
Computer Studies
Additional Mathematics

i am thinking of giving about 15-16(or maybe even more) of total subjects so they could help in my admission in a good university in future :).

here's a list of subjects i am thinking to give:

Statisitics
Commerce
Economics
International Mathematics(IGCSE)
Business Studies
Combined Science(Physics,Chemistry)

Should i give Mathematics and Add.Mathematics from IGCSE board too, just for an extra A?
i am doing this because competition is increasing everyday and i really want to go to a very good university in future(maybe Howard) so i have to do this to benefit me later :).
Another this, when do i give SAT?
As it is compulsory if i want to apply to USA in future.

Reaction score
hey ScatteredShots,

You seem really passionate about your studies. First of all wishing you all the best for the future!
As far as the subjects are concerned I would recommend you to go for all of the GCE ones but say no to IGCSE. Its going to increase your study load and as the courses are quite same it won't give you much credit as people scrutinizing the results know this trick too. ;)
I myself have given Statistics, Commerce, Economics, Business Studies and Accounts in addition to my 9 principal subjects.
Stats exam are held once a year in Oct/Nov session. If you like, give Commerce, Stats, Business Studies and Accounts in the upcomming oct/Nov session. And the rest in the May/June 2012 session. You'll rock, IA.

For crash courses and tuition of GCE subjects check out the following website:
http://www.highgrades.weebly.com

SAT
SAT is held many times a year. You can start giving it when you are in High School. If you are not satisfied with the score you can re-take the exam and get a new score. Which ever score you like you may send it to universities. The earlier you give the better chances you in scoring well at the end of day!
In your case, give SAT 1 in you 2nd term in AS-level. Be well acquainted with the requirements of t\he Ivy League universities as they require SAT 2 as well.
for information on SAT:
http://www.collegeboard.com

Hope you'll find this long message of any help.

Shahnam

Reaction score
Thanks Shahnam , yar as you know competition is getting higher everyday, so i don't want to leave a loop hole of which i failed to get into a university of my choice , i want to put all my effort in getting in a top university so just to increase the number of As , should i go for IGCSEs, yar universities many of the top universities check the academic record of a student, so a person scoring more As is more likely to be preferred by the university.