• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help to find (universities)

Reaction score
so i was looking for universities in Canada and london , so i didn't find useful info, so would u plz tell me bout the university u knw nd their requirements (both o and A levels ) :) (for dentistry or medicine)
thx in advance :D

Reaction score
UBC, McGill, Toronto, Queens, - Canada. ( Offers range from AAB to BBC depending on the faculty your applying for ). They are not very bothered about O Level results and only really look at them if your A2 results are predictions as you havent completed them yet. The offers above are for 3 A Level subjects.

London - LSE, UCL ( They take into account both O level and A Level grades..A level being much more important. Again O level results are used here as most british students apply with A2 predictions as thats how the system works there). Not sure how relevant it is for an international student but yes I am sure you will be asked to provide it. ). Typical offers from LSE are A*AA with an A* in Mathematics being compulsory. Even with A*AA, it does not guarantee you admission as they take into account several factors such as subject combinations in A Level and if you will be a "good fit" at the university. UCAS is the admission system used for UK universities and you will be required to write a personal statement about yourself ( quite a long one If I remember). They will consider the PS aswell in admission. LSE and UCL are however top uni's in London and there will be several other universities who ask for BBB, ABB or sometimes even BBC.

Overall Canada takes less time and does not require you to spend much time in applying. Incase your wondering about the U.S....A Levels matter less there as compared to SAT's and extracurricular activities. I know several friends who have got offers from Cambridge and Oxford but are rejected before even interviews from Harvard, Yale, Princeton

Reaction score
UBC, McGill, Toronto, Queens, - Canada. ( Offers range from AAB to BBC depending on the faculty your applying for ). They are not very bothered about O Level results and only really look at them if your A2 results are predictions as you havent completed them yet. The offers above are for 3 A Level subjects.

London - LSE, UCL ( They take into account both O level and A Level grades..A level being much more important. Again O level results are used here as most british students apply with A2 predictions as thats how the system works there). Not sure how relevant it is for an international student but yes I am sure you will be asked to provide it. ). Typical offers from LSE are A*AA with an A* in Mathematics being compulsory. Even with A*AA, it does not guarantee you admission as they take into account several factors such as subject combinations in A Level and if you will be a "good fit" at the university. UCAS is the admission system used for UK universities and you will be required to write a personal statement about yourself ( quite a long one If I remember). They will consider the PS aswell in admission. LSE and UCL are however top uni's in London and there will be several other universities who ask for BBB, ABB or sometimes even BBC.

Overall Canada takes less time and does not require you to spend much time in applying. Incase your wondering about the U.S....A Levels matter less there as compared to SAT's and extracurricular activities. I know several friends who have got offers from Cambridge and Oxford but are rejected before even interviews from Harvard, Yale, Princeton
thx :) but u mean i must take 3 Alevels, im taking 8 ols and 2 als , aren't they enough ? :\

Reaction score
Sorry but for most universities they make offers based on 3 A Level's. O levels are not considered in this regard at all as the syllabys is quite simple compared to A Levels and would not really prove anything. Generally people take 3 A levels and 1 AS ( The AS is optional if you wish to take or not but I'm afraid if you take only 2 A Levels your choices will be very limited ). LSE and UCL have to my knowledge never taken a candidate with lower then 3 A Levels. After you finish your O Levels consider them done and dont depend on them much for future admissions.

There are people who take even 5 A Levels but the universities generally keep it as a rule to consider only 3 A Levels from any applicant to give everyone a fair shot. If you try to make it 2 A Levels then people might as well take 6-7 A Levels and ask cambridge for offers immediately. Hope you get my point.

Reaction score
Sorry but for most universities they make offers based on 3 A Level's. O levels are not considered in this regard at all as the syllabys is quite simple compared to A Levels and would not really prove anything. Generally people take 3 A levels and 1 AS ( The AS is optional if you wish to take or not but I'm afraid if you take only 2 A Levels your choices will be very limited ). LSE and UCL have to my knowledge never taken a candidate with lower then 3 A Levels. After you finish your O Levels consider them done and dont depend on them much for future admissions.

There are people who take even 5 A Levels but the universities generally keep it as a rule to consider only 3 A Levels from any applicant to give everyone a fair shot. If you try to make it 2 A Levels then people might as well take 6-7 A Levels and ask cambridge for offers immediately. Hope you get my point.
YUP , THX A LOT , but i really don't know what subjects should i take in a levels so if u can suggest any i'll really appreciate it ,( P.S i want to be a dentist , or is it ok to choose whatever i want ?!)
REALLY THX ALOOOOOOOOOOOT :)

Reaction score
AND IS IT OK IF I TOOK 7 OLS INSTEAD , JUST IN CASE CUZ IF I HAD TO GO TO EGYPT ONE DAY THEY WON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN 8 OLS MINIMUM , SO I'M REALLY WORRIED , THX AGAIN :) (SORRY 4 ASKIN' TOO MANY QUESTIONS :oops: )

Reaction score
i have a realy important question regarding dis.,////////// does o level results matter much? n wat is the minimjum requirement to apply in cambridge or oxford?
thx

Reaction score
AND IS IT OK IF I TOOK 7 OLS INSTEAD , JUST IN CASE CUZ IF I HAD TO GO TO EGYPT ONE DAY THEY WON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN 8 OLS MINIMUM , SO I'M REALLY WORRIED , THX AGAIN :) (SORRY 4 ASKIN' TOO MANY QUESTIONS :oops: )
Take 8 if your sure that your going to egypt or else its not really much of a concern. Average number of O levels taken by british students is about 8-10 anyway so it wouldn't hurt to take one more sub.

Reaction score
Take 8 if your sure that your going to egypt or else its not really much of a concern. Average number of O levels taken by british students is about 8-10 anyway so it wouldn't hurt to take one more sub.
kk thx :)