• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help With Choosing A Stable Career Path

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm currently a fifteen-year-old doing my O-levels, but I'd like to set my goals as motivation for studying. However, the subject I'm most interested in is English Literature, but I feel like I won't be able to get a stable and well-paid job with a bachelor's degree in Literature. I was thinking of doing a Master's degree in Information Sciences in the future, but I still need a job before that. I want to be able to buy my own house, pay my bills, and live comfortably while doing a job that makes me happy. Is it too much to ask for? I don't feel like there's a lot of scholarships for Literature, but I'm really passionate about it, though I feel like my parents wouldn't agree with me at all. They prefer I become I doctor, but I absolutely hate sciences and the entire medical field, and English is what really brings me joy. Do you think that English truly is a useless degree, and is it possible for me to go abroad with a scholarship for it? Is it even possible to convince my parents? I don't want to use their money after I finish high school, and I want to prove to them that I can be independent and strong without relying on people. My life is pretty unstable right now too, I just transferred to a British school from an American one, and I'm pretty stressed about the exams even though I'm being tutored and understand everything. It would be really helpful if someone could provide their experience or opinions!
Sincerely,
A very conflicted and stressed teenage girl