• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help with SAT base admission in NUST

Reaction score
I have to apply on SAT National seat in NUST (ASAB) for Applied Biosciences. The NUST website says that we need SAT 2 score for Biology M only. Does this mean that SAT 2 Physics and Chemistry score will not be required??? Further also that for aggregate calculation we will use a total score of 800 and not 2400??How will our merit be calculated then??

Please help as I am a little confused about this.

Reaction score
as you are applyng on SAT nationals, I would recomend either attempt the SAT twice or give two SATs giving that you score in both it will increase your chances immensely. The SAT natinal seats are few and very competitive so try to get a minimum of 2300 :)

Reaction score
ps I have a friend who got rejected on 2308 for EE in electrical engineering and one got accepted at 2250 but for civil engineering.

Reaction score
thanks A star but the thing is I am applying for ASAB....I am not sure if I need SAT 2 in Bio, Chem and Phy or just Bio

Reaction score
If they require just Bio so its better to attempt it twice to better your grade and get 790 cause for only one SAT there is even greater competition

Reaction score
I have to apply on SAT National seat in NUST (ASAB) for Applied Biosciences. The NUST website says that we need SAT 2 score for Biology M only. Does this mean that SAT 2 Physics and Chemistry score will not be required??? Further also that for aggregate calculation we will use a total score of 800 and not 2400??How will our merit be calculated then??

Please help as I am a little confused about this.
I just checked their web site too, they ONLY require Biology M, otherwise they would have mentioned the other subjects tests needed, like they have for the rest of the courses.
If your still unsure email NUST at this address [email protected]
or call them at +92-51-90851063 +92-51-90851053

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just checked their web site too, they ONLY require Biology M, otherwise they would have mentioned the other subjects tests needed, like they have for the rest of the courses.
If your still unsure email NUST at this address [email protected]
or call them at +92-51-90851063 +92-51-90851053

Thank you!! But I am already giving all three sciences regardless of the fact that they need it or not so, its pointless to talk to them now..:)

Reaction score
Okay, my grades in O level are 1 A 7Bs and in A level are 1 A 2 Bs. What are my chances of getting into NUST and how much marks should I hope to get in the NUST TEST. They are going to start admissions starting May 9 or so (can't remember). So I know nothing about the FSC material, but I did buy the books for the FSC stream.
I don't care if they give me Mechanical, or Civil, or Electrical, just accept me man!
Also, I realized I need computer studies for equivalence in pre-engineering. So I registered for that subject as well which I will be giving this May/June session. The result will only come on August, so the actual equivalence certificate can only be prepared until August. So what do you think, should I go ahead and try my luck?

Reaction score
I think you should go through the FSC books at least once because the course is a bit different from A-Levels. If you plan on giving the admission test then u definitely need to score around 150 for Engineering, the merit is very high. You can register on the basis of ur O-Level grade but you have to send your equivalence grade as soon as you get it. Its like you can get conditional admission without A-Level grade but you have to get at 70%+ equivalence to get permanent admission.

Reaction score
NO wait a second.....I want to ask u people one question is applied bioscience a medical field??? I know it is most probably :p but in the end it wont make u a doctor....isnt it? And do u guys have any idea about the merit of Nust for medical field....what was the last merit?? some people said that it was like 85%...wasnt it lower than that?