• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help :)

Reaction score
hey every one!!
can you guys plz advice me on what to do ......
i want to be a doc but all the medical stuff just gives me creeps ......
i'm good at computers but i don't have that much of an interest in it....
i can't decide what to do....
:( :( :(
any advice ;) :Search: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: :Search: :Search: :Search: :Search: :Search: :friends: :%)

Reaction score
You want to be a doctor but you hate medical stuff..?
You are good in computers but you want to be a doctor and hate medical stuff..?

Careers combining Computer Studies and Biology:
1. I highly recommend bioinformatics which is a field of study where biology, computer science, and information technology come together and form a single discipline. With bioinformatics, the goal is to provide a global perspective that can discern the unifying biology principles; there are several areas for career opportunities within bioinformatics.

2. Epidemiology.

3. Protein structure determination.

4. Wildlife tracker. (My opinion to it: a big NO but the choice is yours)

5. Forensic Scientist.

6. Marine Biology. (Lot of jobs and computer peeps are required here)

7. Computer engineering.

If I were you I would go with bioinformatics but the choice is yours.
All the best,
Basim Nazir.

Reaction score
i don't hate it, it's just so weird and creepy!!
so do i have to take both in my A levels ???

Reaction score
I understand.
Not necessary, Physics, Maths, Bio and Computer. Depends on which university you wanna go in.

Reaction score
That was an advice and more like a suggestion. Anyway it's not important right now as I think we're talking career here.
How about NUST?

Reaction score
idk
i just never saw myself ....
i always wanted to go to KE or LUMS!

Reaction score
As you neglect to take any of my suggestions let's wait for someone else to answer on that. =)

Reaction score
Hey, don't be confused;
NUST is one of the finest universities in Pakistan and I don't think you could choose Lums on that. To my personal opinion I think you should go to the UK and not Pakistan. As I believe we have more opportunities there.
PS Don't ever offend any when they are trying to give you a suggestion. You might end up getting the wrong information.

Reaction score
Bioinformatics is the application of computer technology to the management of biological information. Computers are used to gather, store, analyze and integrate biological and genetic information which can then be applied to gene-based drug discovery and development. The science of Bioinformatics, which is the melding of molecular biology with computer science, is essential to the use of genomic information in understanding human diseases and in the identification of new molecular targets for drug discovery. In recognition of this, many universities, government institutions and pharmaceutical firms have formed bioinformatics groups, consisting of computational biologists and bioinformatics computer scientists. Such groups will be key to unraveling the mass of information generated by large scale sequencing efforts underway in laboratories around the world.