• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hey guys can you help me out here please??

Reaction score
Okay thing is...LUMS is my dream university and I badly want to get in.....I had 9 subjects in O levels which I messed up by falling ill and ultimately got 1 A*,1A,6 B's and a C....Horrible I know... :(
Well now I'm in AS...with 4 subjects...Math,Bio,Chem and Phy and I'm planning to give my SATs next winter.... So basically I wanted to know that if I do well in my A-levels and the SATs...will it by any chance help with my LUMS application....
I'm desperate to do anything... Please help
Oh and I'm looking forward to engineering :)

Reaction score
im sorry but you must repeat at least some of your subjects in Olevels. 1A* and 1A is too less. The lowest A's for someone in Lums ive heard is 5A's in olevels. 6A's is better
Try to get 6A's if you can.

If you want to do engineering DROP BIO NOW (its no use). I know many people who had these 4 subjects and got a B in either math or bio in alevels. If they are satisfied with your Olevels (I fear not) then they will give you a condition of B,B and a C in your CIE ALevels

Your internal school grades/transcripts also matter so you CANT skip your school exams in favour of repeating your Olevels. Try to talk to principal about it

Why are you giving the SAT? Are you a foreign national?

Reaction score
if you fail to get into LUMS then your only other option will be maybe government engineering universities. Their math in entry test is very very different from Alevel maths. Also your equivalence will be too low

A* 90
A 85
B 75
C 65

Roughly 75% of your equivalence is based on Olevels. Only the rest 25% on Alevels. So im very sorry, you must improve your Olevels

LUMS VC said in the opening ceremony that 95% of the students have atleast 6A's (a friend who studies there told me)

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

This is for medicine in Pakistan. But it tells how equivalences are calculated. See SSC and HSSC equivalence ( you will realize the importance of Olevels). I dont know about exact weightage of SSC, HSSC and entry test for engineering universities

LUMS does NOT see your equivlalence. Its admission is based on primarily on Olevel grades, Alevel school grades and LUMS entry test.

So, you have to carry both O and Alevels now for 6 months. Drop Alevel Biology now, if your school does not allow u to drop in AS, just attend classes and explain your situation to teacher of biology. He/she will ask the admin to drop it for you

Repeat in May/June and try to give 4 subjects in which you had a B or C, and try to aim for 4A* there. So overall you would have 5A* and 1A.

If you are in Lahore, I can suggest some good academies?

Reaction score
:( :( :( that sucks......But thanks though.... Thats really kind of you :)
And hey how about nust?
Also will it matter to LUMS/NUST/GIKI or any other private university if I reappear next december session for my O-levels?
Also what if I ditch O-levels and directly go for Sat subject papers? Will that help?

Reaction score
NUST has some seats reserved for SAT 2 basis. But you must get a 2390 or 2400 to be absolutely sure of a place as competition is fierce. I dont know about the exact procedure of it and whether if you apply on basis of SAT 2 score, whether do they consider your equivalences or not. Browse their website and ask on xtremepapers on a forum. Your equivalence with the current Olevel grades would be very low.

LUMS would NOT mind if you re-appeared for your Olevels. The problem that may occur is that your Olevel exams may co-incide with your school exams, You CANT skip your school exams as LUMS need your internal Alevel school grades as well.

Another problem that may occur is the time gap between the Olevel exams. This is for government colleges where they consider your equivalences. Now when did you give your Olevels? Did you give in multiple sessions and when if you did give in more than 1 session?

If you gave all of your Olevel subjects in June 2012, then I dont think you can give exams in Nov 2013 to improve your grades as time gap would be greater than one year? Understood? The time gap between the two sessions CANT be greater than 1 year. If you really want to give in Nov 2013 then you must repeat all your 8 Olevel subjects. ( Please confirm this with other students on forums here, the IBCC rules are fairly obscure. Im telling you what I know for sure. You can have your equivalence made if time gap between two sessions is 1 year)

If you want to repeat and improve give exams in June 2013.

You CANT divide your 8 subjects in between 3 sessions if you want to have your equivalence made

Going for SAT subject tests, except for NUST isnt gonna well help a lot. Your admissions in ALL major universities (except American) is based on Olevel grades and ALevel internal school grades and final Alevel school grades.

Any other questions?

Reaction score
If you really want to give in Nov 2013 then you must repeat all your 8 Olevel subjects. ( Please confirm this with other students on forums here, the IBCC rules are fairly obscure. Im telling you what I know for sure. You can have your equivalence made if time gap between two sessions is 1 year)

Are you sure that if we repeat "full olevels" i.e 8 subjects with more than one year gap..will they accpt that??

Reaction score
Are u sure tht if we repeat "full olevels" i.e all 8 subjects with more than one year gap..will they accept?

Reaction score
Are u sure tht if we repeat "full olevels" i.e all 8 subjects with more than one year gap..will they accept?
i dont understand

write subjects whrn you gave them
and when u want to give again

Reaction score
i dont understand

write subjects whrn you gave them
and when u want to give again
Bio chem phy english maths islamiyat pakstds and urdu..i gavethem in june 2010
But i completely wanted to repeat again in june 2013..

Reaction score
hmmmm..... I dont know

problem is IBCC people dont process HSSC equivalence unless u send them SSC equivalence first. That takes around a week. Considering that dates for UHS are around a week from CIE result, that becomes impossible (as by the time u get ur SSC equivalence, deadline is there, and u dont have time to send for HSSC equivalence)

U CANNOT GIVE BOTH SSC AND HSSC EQUIVALENCE FOR PROCESSING AT THE SAME TIME

BUT BUT ive heard that u can go to islamabad (head office) and then get them processed at the same time almost. But Ive only heard it

From which country are u giving Olevels and Alevels? UAE? (this is imp ill tell later)

Ask yourself how much can you improve ur grades in 2 months?

Reaction score
I can
hmmmm..... I dont know

problem is IBCC people dont process HSSC equivalence unless u send them SSC equivalence first. That takes around a week. Considering that dates for UHS are around a week from CIE result, that becomes impossible (as by the time u get ur SSC equivalence, deadline is there, and u dont have time to send for HSSC equivalence)

U CANNOT GIVE BOTH SSC AND HSSC EQUIVALENCE FOR PROCESSING AT THE SAME TIME

BUT BUT ive heard that u can go to islamabad (head office) and then get them processed at the same time almost. But Ive only heard it

From which country are u giving Olevels and Alevels? UAE? (this is imp ill tell later)

Ask yourself how much can you improve ur grades in 2 months?
Yes u have heard right..i will go to islamabd directly inshallah...cox even the last time i didnt face any problem with tht..
Yes i'm giving from UAE...
I gave some units in january ..i will recieve the result on 7th ..so hoping for an A inshallah...in chemistry...:) not sure about bio..:( i messed up ...but i'm gonna give physics A2 for sure in june..i'm hoping for A A B ..Ia..if i only focus on ALVLS..lkain....:( if i have to repeat olvlss i cant assure tht..coz iwill be focusing on maths igcse.olvls.thts it..for the remaining subjects only 1 reading is required...(thts easy)..

Reaction score
i would say give Alevels only. Get 3A*... Try to get near 1000 in MCAT

InshAllah u will be near to 80-84% overall then, u have a good chance in private medical colleges

There is no point in repeating igcse

Reaction score

InshAllah u will be near to 80-84% overall then, u have a good chance in private medical colleges

Getting A*s is really hard for me..:( two montsnare not enough..i have to prepare for SAT as well...:cry:..
Now can u say tht?? :( olvls counts so much!!!!

Reaction score
I'm doing gce edexcel..its really hard ...anyways other than that?paying for each and every single unit..:( .....i'm not sure..

NIM

Reaction score
if you fail to get into LUMS then your only other option will be maybe government engineering universities. Their math in entry test is very very different from Alevel maths. Also your equivalence will be too low

A* 90
A 85
B 75
C 65

Roughly 75% of your equivalence is based on Olevels. Only the rest 25% on Alevels. So im very sorry, you must improve your Olevels

LUMS VC said in the opening ceremony that 95% of the students have atleast 6A's (a friend who studies there told me)
do u know the conversion of IBDP _ international baccalaureate diploma in Pak marks coz m so confused???

NIM

Reaction score

not even a single uni asks for igcse result... everything is actually based on A levels or IB result or prediction score...

Reaction score
not even a single uni asks for igcse result... everything is actually based on A levels or IB result or prediction score...
No uni asks for igcse.thts true.!! But during conversion of marks in ibcc olevels counts 70% of your Alevel score. :(

Reaction score
do u know the conversion of IBDP _ international baccalaureate diploma in Pak marks coz m so confused???

www.ibcc.edu.pk/Downloads/ConvFormulae.doc

please check this link for the qualification u asked

NIM

Reaction score
www.ibcc.edu.pk/Downloads/ConvFormulae.doc

please check this link for the qualification u asked
i've seen this doc, there IBDP doesn't have grade they have GPs...
but still thanx a lot for helping me out...