• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

hey guyz ! unit 3 bio discussion , doubts in here !!

Reaction score
ok i start =p
umm about ((Preparation of media and plate pouring ))
theres like 2 steps 2 experiments leading for one result

(Preparation of streak plate of bacteria )1)Pouring a sterile agar plate
2)Preparing a streak plate
can you ppl plz help me out in this ? cant help understand the steps !
thx !! =)

Reaction score
ok i start =p
umm about ((Preparation of media and plate pouring ))
theres like 2 steps 2 experiments leading for one result

(Preparation of streak plate of bacteria )1)Pouring a sterile agar plate
2)Preparing a streak plate
can you ppl plz help me out in this ? cant help understand the steps !
thx !! =)
wat excly do u wanna know again? i cant get wat ur asking sorry....

Reaction score
wat excly do u wanna know again? i cant get wat ur asking sorry....

dude i actually dono ! =p i just read the whole experiment and got nothing !
wat should we exactly know bout it ?? the microbe activity somethin =p

Reaction score
oh.. =p
dude how i know ! =p =p !
its somethin with agar and plant extract to show macrobial somethin =p !
ohk! dat 1!
dere isnt much in dat...
u need to prepare a sterile agar n pour it in2 a petri dish.... when set, put a drop of bacterial soln on the agar n then use a sterile spreader to make a lawn..
grind the plant leaves with ethanol n filter out the solution... cut out paper discs of equal size and dip them in the soln and place dem on the agar
cover n tape frm 4 corners... turn upside down nincubate below room temp for 8 hrs (min)
den analyse the results ;)

for this 1 u basically need 2 concentrate on the precautions... how to keep everything sterile... risks (due to bacteria and flaming involved) incubation temperature and result analysis...

Reaction score
ohk! dat 1!
dere isnt much in dat...
u need to prepare a sterile agar n pour it in2 a petri dish.... when set, put a drop of bacterial soln on the agar n then use a sterile spreader to make a lawn..
grind the plant leaves with ethanol n filter out the solution... cut out paper discs of equal size and dip them in the soln and place dem on the agar
cover n tape frm 4 corners... turn upside down nincubate below room temp for 8 hrs (min)

for this 1 u basically need 2 concentrate on the precautions... how to keep everything sterile... risks (due to bacteria and flaming involved) incubation temperature and result analysis...

mm thats all ??
dude i have a whole essay bout that experiment in here .. dono why ma mr. like to torture us much -__-
thankss !

mm wat r those ?? incubation temp ?? analysis waaat !! =O

Reaction score
ohk! dat 1!
dere isnt much in dat...

oh n thnk you so much ... =$ =p

Reaction score
mm thats all ??
dude i have a whole essay bout that experiment in here .. dono why ma mr. like to torture us much -__-
thankss !

mm wat r those ?? incubation temp ?? analysis waaat !! =O
basically dats wats needed ;) at least dats wat we were thought n i dont think ne much more was needed really.... i managed AS wid dis :p
welcum ;)

incubation temp is the temp at which u'll let the bacteria multiply....
analysis of the results ofc! i mean u use a graph sheet/wire mesh n estimate the area that is cler around the disc...

Reaction score
basically dats wats needed ;) at least dats wat we were thought n i dont think ne much more was needed really.... i managed AS wid dis :p
welcum ;)

incubation temp is the temp at which u'll let the bacteria multiply....
analysis of the results ofc! i mean u use a graph sheet/wire mesh n estimate the area that is cler around the disc...
=) kool =p !
oh =p ok thank you ! ;)
=)

Reaction score
guyz beetroot experiment at low temp the pegment leaks out to the sol too ??

Reaction score
guyz beetroot experiment at low temp the pegment leaks out to the sol too ??
it only leaks out if the cell membrane has been damaged by cutting up of pieces or handled to harshly with forceps as a result the red pigment leaks out at low temperature.

Reaction score
it only leaks out if the cell membrane has been damaged by cutting up of pieces or handled to harshly with forceps as a result the red pigment leaks out at low temperature.
dude how ?
i think at low temp the cytoplasm is iced so no diffusion or leakage happens
and at very high temp the phos. lipid layer is damaged so leakage occur ?
nd hight temp will increase the absorbance ??
is it not ?

Reaction score
dude how ?
i think at low temp the cytoplasm is iced so no diffusion or leakage happens
and at very high temp the phos. lipid layer is damaged so leakage occur ?
nd hight temp will increase the absorbance ??
is it not ?
See wen u hold the beetroot too tightly with the forceps it causes pinching of the membrane resulting in leakage of pigment at low temperatures as the tonoplast in damaged.At low temperatures the rate of diffusion or leakage decreases or stops as the molecules of phospholipid have a low kinectic energy and as the membrane is still intact and at high temperature the molecules of the phospholipid moves with a higher kinetic energy thus resulting in the membrane becoming more fluid and as the rate of diffusion increases thus pigment leaks out. Also, denaturation of membrane proteins may play a part. Yes, and high temperature and increasing conc. of ethanol both increase the % absorbance.