• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
it was most easiest
i think this much easy paper can raise the grade threshold and bring some difficulty in getting an A* what do you think?
I agree this is the problem with easy pprs the percentile becomes high nd those who make silly mistakes suffer. Itnay asaan ppr k baad bhi A* na aye tou kitni hi manhos baat hogi...

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the answer of second last part of 1st question?
It was about the number of rubbers needed to sink the rod

Reaction score
What was the answer to question 1 part b?
That experiment?
Everyone wrote a different answer there. :/
I wrote 'we will take the value of the rod inside the water by using the cylinder and the subtract it from the total length of rod.
What yoy wrote about the total number of rubber bands needed to sink the rod ?

Reaction score
Okay, this is what i wrote.

Insert a meter rule into the water, and align it vertically with the rod. Make sure the zero mark of the rule co-incides with the water level.
Then use a set-square to get the reading of the rod, on the rule, and look perpendicularly onto the rule to get the accurate value for the length L of rod above water.

Is this correct?

Fate0

Reaction score
Okay, this is what i wrote.

Insert a meter rule into the water, and align it vertically with the rod. Make sure the zero mark of the rule co-incides with the water level.
Then use a set-square to get the reading of the rod, on the rule, and look perpendicularly onto the rule to get the accurate value for the length L of rod above water.

Is this correct?

Fate0
bro if u placed rule in water it would give rise to water level which according to me make the answer incorrect (not sure though).....

Reaction score
bro if u placed rule in water it would give rise to water level which according to me make the answer incorrect (not sure though).....

Only a small portion of the rule, the part before zero, would be inserted, as i am co-inciding the zero mark with the water level.
THERE IS NO WAY TO FIND ACCURATE VALUE OF L.
And even if the water level rised a bit, the rod would rise too, won't it? And the value of L would remain same?

What did you write?

Reaction score
i wrote "place a rule vertically beside the container.view the water level from bottom of meniscus.keep line of sight perpendicular to scale of rule.keep eye as close as possible to rule.and measure l from bottom of meniscus to top of rod"

Reaction score
i wrote "place a rule vertically beside the container.view the water level from bottom of meniscus.keep line of sight perpendicular to scale of rule.keep eye as close as possible to rule.and measure l from bottom of meniscus to top of rule"

But the rod keeps moving, as the water never remains still.

Everyone wrote different answers :/

Reaction score
For question 1, part 2, I wrote that the rod is wrapped in cobalt chloride paper, that part that sinks becomes, pink, it is removed, measured with a ruler and wrote how to avoid parallex error. Is that correct?
Anyone?