• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
Yes, I got it exact eleven. But unfortunately, I guess for this particular question Cambridge may allow only CAO (CORRECT ANSWER ONLY) Just saying

How come? Some people might have tilted the line of best fit slightly a few millimeters and gotten 11.2. 11.2 rubber bands is not a natural number, so 12 will be the smallest to make it sink.

How do you know they will consider exact value only?

Reaction score
Well, I wrote about parallax error. By placing the eye-level perpendicular to the ruler. Also, by repeating this procedure and measuring the length this way and then take average. I am not sure it was correct though! What did you write by the way?

Ruler? Where did the ruler come from?

I gave an entire method to measure it..
Placing a ruler in the water, aligning its zero mark with water level, then using a set-square to get reading of L.

In this part, many people gave different methods.

See the initial pages, we had detailed discussions about this part.

Reaction score
there were not 3 there were three points in the circuit aour un points par ek hy ammeter sa current check kia tha! agar aisa huta tou diagram main 3 ammeters show kiya huta!:p LKN DIGRAM MAIN IF IAM NOT WRONG(n) 3 POINTS BANAI GAI THAY !
no i read it ten times, it said "three identical ammeters were used at the points shown in the circuit. all three gave slight different readings " give a reason for the differences..............

Reaction score
For question 1, part 2, I wrote that the rod is wrapped in cobalt chloride paper, that part that sinks becomes, pink, it is removed, measured with a ruler and wrote how to avoid parallex error. Is that correct?
Anyone?
i think it is incorrect.... first in the last 10 year papers i never saw cobalt chloride paper written in marking scheme of "physics".Secondly,cobalt chloride paper will add extra mass to the rod which will make "l" smaller in value, leading to inaccuracy..............