• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
About that first part, i wrote the rod is not stationary. That is why the measurement of L can't be accurate.

And in the next part i used a rule again o_O

Reaction score
For question 1, part 2, I wrote that the rod is wrapped in cobalt chloride paper, that part that sinks becomes, pink, it is removed, measured with a ruler and wrote how to avoid parallex error. Is that correct?
Anyone?
I think not so good,i wrote that 2 students are required one holds the rod and the other places the ruler and takes the reading

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's right I think but why is the zero mark in the middle of nowhere? It should be at the top or bottom of the rule.

I wrote that we should co-incide the zero mark of the rule with the water level.
That way if we vertically align the rule with the rod, and use set-square to find the reading on the rule (avoiding parallax error), the reading will be the length L.

Reaction score
Um either the rule should touch the base, or held by a retort stand. And even if you touch it with base, the ruler is bound to move somewhat.

Even the rod is moving. It's moving, because it can not remain stationary. Water is never stationary.