• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History paper Discussion

Reaction score
Ok as 24 hours are over !! lets discuss the history paper !! I did Q1,3,5

here are my response to the questions i did !!
Q1
a)What were the acheivements of ShahWaliUllah? [4]
-First to notice decline of Mughals
-Translated Quran into Persian
-Wrote 51 books and ended hositility between Shia and Sunnis
-Invited Afghan King Ahmed Shah Abdali to defeat Marthas.

b)Why was the British successful in expanding its territory between 1750 and 1850? [7]
-No presence of Strong central government to stop British
-India divided and fought each other and considered the British as an ally.
-Britian was first country to experience Industrial revolution and as a result had superior army.

c)Marathal Expansion was the most Important reason for the decline of Mughal Empire? Explain your answer [14]
-Policies of Aurangzeb (re-imposing of Jazia,Destruction of temples) angered the Hindus.
-Marathas rebelled against his rule and had to spend 10 years of his life fighting with them. As a result their was shortage of revenue.
-ShahWaliUllah Invited Ahmed Shah Abdali to defeat marathas in battle of Panipat in 1761 but still they were threat to empire.
-Later rulers had to spend high amount of treasury to be able to afford the military campigains against Marathas and as a result they had to impose high taxes which made their rule un-popular.
-Marathas also raided many cities and invaded the Mughal empire due to which it sharnk in size.

Q3
a)Describe the Rowlatt Act. [4]
-Act passed by Justice Rowlatt in 1919 due to protest of Indians over Montague reforms and they were passed to impose strick control over Indians.

b)Why was the government of India Act of 1935 so important for the future of sub-continent? [7]
-High level of Provincial autonomy
-Right to vote increased significantly
-Used as future constitution of Pak and india

c)'Partion or Reversal'Was the reason for Partition of Bengal in 1905 more important than those which caused its reversal? Explain your answer. [14]
-Bengal Partition as because of Administrative problems. (85 million population)
-Lord Curzon wanted to develop friendly relations with Muslims
-wanted to stop Congress protest and marches because of vernacular Act
-Reason caused reversal were Increase in Protest and strikes
-Swedeshi movement
-Assasination attempt.

Q5)
a)What were the problems faced by Nawaz in 1990? [4]
-Coperative society Scandal
-Dispute with president over 8th Ammendment

b)Why did Zia introduced the package of the Islamic reforms between 1979 and 1988? [7]
-Islamic Ideology provided perfect conter of Bhutto's reforms
-Wanted to make pakistan an Islamic state
-Wanted to show his support to Freedom fighters in Afghanistan.

c)Political cause was the most important factor which led to the creation of Bangladesh? explain your answer. [14]
-Though major in Constituent Assembly still West wing had more power in politics
-Long rule of Ayub Khan resented
-Unfair dismissal of Khuwaja Nazimuddin and Ali bogra seen as the sign of disrespect.
-Moreover all the officers even in East wing came from the west wing.
-Though consitution of 1962 stated that if President was from west than speaker of national assembly was from east.

I DID mention other reasons in 14 marks but not here !!

Reaction score
the paper was no doubt easy and ALSO CIE has given 4 questions from section 1 and 2 :eek: :Yahoo!: two consecutive times in winter 10 and this year..... i thought they will give 3 questioins from section 3 to change the pattern......

Reaction score
other reasons for 5(c)
---urdu-bengali controversy
---west pakistanis considered themselves and their culture superior
---the foreign exchange earned from the main export jute was used to develop western wing although jute was grown in eastern wing
---most of the important buildings were in west pakistan
---bhutto refused to accept mujib unless he agreed to form coalition even though bhutto had been decisively defeated
---mujib had an uncompromising attitude and refused to let go of his 6 points although they would have resulted in a very loose federation

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
in 1(C) didnt WE HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT Other factors too inculding marathas one????

yes u had to write other factors too including the one u think is most important reason for decline i guess 3 more factors would have been enough

Reaction score
hey do we have to like only write 5 points or 7 in 14 marks question. i wrote 8 in first two 14 marks and 10 in last one :D

Reaction score
@haris i dont know about points but i do know that u had to explain every factor u gave like if u gave that army of mughals was not good then u had to explain it also

Reaction score
u have no idea how much i explained :p. hey but it is wrong to give two analysis in one explanation right cuz many of my classfellows did it :/

Reaction score
There was another question

2a: What was Battle of Cawnpur [4]
2b: Why did Sir syed Ahmad Khan found the Aligarh Movement? [7]
2c: Punjabi has been promoted the most, as of the regional languages between 1947-1988? Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

Reaction score
i didnt attempt it, didnt knw bout cawnpore. even 1 mark is precious :p. i didnt wanna lose all 4 xD

Reaction score
I did 1, 3 nd 4.
It looks the most popular ones were 1, 3 and 5 this year. Q2 was a tricky one you know, its not what it seems at the first glance. dammit , i should have done Q5 , i knew the answers and i could have attempted it better then Q4. I'll just have to pray that my answer to Q4 was sufficient.

Reaction score
I think ur Rowallt Act question is incomplete. U wrote did not say the Rowallt Act REALLY WAS. U had to tell that it gave the police the right to arrest without warrent, they can detain people without a wareent, and they can tell arrested people where to live.

Reaction score
perfect1 said:
I think ur Rowallt Act question is incomplete. U wrote did not say the Rowallt Act REALLY WAS. U had to tell that it gave the police the right to arrest without warrent, they can detain people without a wareent, and they can tell arrested people where to live.
agreed

Reaction score
oh and in nawaz sharif it should have been written that bcci collapsed and nawaz government faced shortage of funds since relations with usa deteriorated since the nuclear test

Reaction score
Qs 5 (c), economic reasons, cultural diffrences, geographical reasons, appointment of west Pakistani civil servants in East Pakistan who did not know Bengali language.

Reaction score
im sorta confused about the points but i wrote 10 :p....i think if one explains it well he can get full marks

Reaction score
The marking scheme says 3 reasons, I wrote 4 in case. But it depends alot on the length of the answer. The thing is Pakistan Studies syllabus says for 14 mark question, the answer should be of 2 full pages of writing. Thus, people are reccomended to write 1.5-2.5 pages. Anything more than 2.5 pages can work against someone, since the examiner might not read the entire thing.