• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

history

Reaction score
diff between central legislature a.n legislative council?
How to do range ques?
if jinnah want sperate nation <then why he accepted cabinet mission? :geek: :|

Reaction score
Jinnah accepted the demand because it contained seperate provinces for the muslims which were grouped like bengal and assam and the other one ..
He also accepted the demand because cabinet mission stated that provinces could get out of the central government......]

I suggest you read some history book like nigel smith or nigel kelly.... ;)

And finally what is the range question??????????????????????????? :ugeek:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Hi saud Iam also saud lol :p
It would be better if u answered his question rather than giving an Intro.

saud said:

Well LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL is a unicameral legislature ... i.e composed of SINGLE legislative body (a body that amends or repels laws) WHEREAS
Central legislature means an ASSEMBLY at center which amends and repels laws!!!
In both cases the legislation is with a single body, so there is no big difference!!!
and I hope your other question is already answered by "scouserlfc"

Reaction score
Nibz said:
SAUD ASLAM said:
Hi saud Iam also saud lol :p
It would be better if u answered his question rather than giving an Intro.

saud said:

Well LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL is a unicameral legislature ... i.e composed of SINGLE legislative body (a body that amends or repels laws) WHEREAS
Central legislature means an ASSEMBLY at center which amends and repels laws!!!
In both cases the legislation is with a single body, so there is no big difference!!!
and I hope your other question is already answered by "scouserlfc"
The question was asked on 1 May 2010. :p

Reaction score
I wanted to add this to my post that JInnah first accepted the cabinet mission (as i have told in the first post) but later on he did not accept it because Congress and Nehru had said that they would not abide by the Cabinet mission after the British left.So there was no point accepting it. :D

Hope you understood this answer and if you have any more questions please ask we are happy to help!!!! :!:
;)

Reaction score
Jinnah actually accepted it due to some reasons

Firstly,as it stated the India was to be partitioned into Western majority areas and Bengal and Assam(which Showed them British was ready for future partition)which could go in Muslims favor

Secondly,Initially Jinnah apposed to it but as it was to made interim government which would finally decide the fate of subcontinent he was ready to nominate his member which could result in their favour.

But It did not work and as "scouserlfc" told before Nehru said that Congress was not to feel bounded by this and once British left no future government would bound to oblige it.It made no point in further agreement which the outcome was nothing and thus the cabinet mission plan failed.

Hope i may be right....:)