• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

holy quran

Reaction score
can i get the basic outline on how to attempt the question " How is quran used in legal thinking?" also please tell me the difference between quran as a source of islamic law and use of quran in legal thinking.. please help

Reaction score
For this question all you have to write is "everything" regarding the source of law of Quran. If it is a 10 marks question you will also include examples(with definition and attributes), and if it is a 8 marks question then you will not give the examples a priority and focus on the remaining data(Definition and attributes).
I hope this helped.

Reaction score
You never know the examiner, he can also give a 14 marks question.

Reaction score
The Quran is a holy book of Muslims that considered as one of the best acts that can be performed by any Muslim. The Muslims are very fully devoted to their religion. These holy books are easily available on websites and I take so much help from holy quran online.

holy quran online

Reaction score
basically in this question u have to give eg. abt how the quran is the first source of islamic law by giving hadith or QUotations which prove this and then how the prophet told his companions to use the quran an eg. of his.Now u tell abt that quran is allahs word and nothing is better then that and it is everlasting no errors like human laws and as it is allahs word and as in Islam sovereignty belongs to allah the quran prescibes the law on which Allah wants us to lead our life then u have to go on and tell abt the various laws in the quran :religious,social,property laws,laws for crimes and etc. give some eg. of like quote of how this law is present int he quran like abt the robbery one and some other eg. like about property how it is distributed and thats abt all.

use this book Mastering O Levels by Bilal Aslam (u can get this book by searching it online in the search result theres a link of medaifire which works ) its pretty good search on this topic in that book and ull find more details.

Reaction score
wat about the question" What part do hadith play in islamic legal thinking?'"
:p

Reaction score
well u ve to write that firstly Hadith explainz wat is very briefly touched in Quran.......take example of salat or zakat.......in salat there r only instructions to offer it plus itz time....but how to offer it no where is given...here hadith takes over n explains how to offer it........n secondly it forms authority on subjectz where Quran is silent........like social matters........

hoped i helped
:)

Reaction score
Legal thinking basically means the laws made... by both.. according to the question reguarding the quran or sunnah...
for the question reguarding legal thinking in sunnah...according to IGCSE...

candidates may state some basic points like Hadiths of the Prophet are the second most important source of Islamic law next to the Qur’an and that they also give fuller teachings of what the Qur’an states in brief. Candidates could give examples here to support their answers. In past years candidates have given examples of how zakat was calculated in the light of the Prophet’s Hadiths and how in some cases where the Qur’an is completely silent Hadiths are the sole basis of legislation. Examples of the immediate successors using
knowledge of Hadiths can also be cited by the candidates. Examples showing how Hadiths influenced Islamic legal thinking will take the candidates to the higher levels. Stronger candidates could even reflect upon how ijma and qiyas depend on Hadiths

Reaction score
kindly help me in some uses of Quran as a base of legal thinking 4marks question... especially perfection , universality, completion preservation n eternal....????

Reaction score
can u give some notes consisting of strong and easy to memorise quotations regarding this topic?pleaz