• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How CIE calculate the curve

Reaction score
do u gyz think tht the gt for physics and rest ov the sciences will be low !!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:.....i just hope.....fingrz crossed

Reaction score
they say how much percentage you got? DAMN i thought they just state that you got A*,A,B....etc :S
do u gyz think tht the gt for physics and rest ov the sciences will be low !!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:.....i just hope.....fingrz crossed

Reaction score

chemistry - although the main paper is in 2 days ( but i asume yes like all the years never got above 148/200)

biology- many candidates found it to be challenging ( i found it dead easy i am hoping for 73+)

physics - yes most candidates did miserably,horrible...etc... ( so yes it is gonna be loooooooooooow )

Reaction score
chemistry - although the main paper is in 2 days ( but i asume yes like all the years never got above 148/200)

biology- many candidates found it to be challenging ( i found it dead easy i am hoping for 73+)

physics - yes most candidates did miserably,horrible...etc... ( so yes it is gonna be loooooooooooow )
bio..........which variant did u hav .......which wz easy

Reaction score
wht........the second part was the easiest one compared to the first one.........anywyz wat wz the ans........of the first one .......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
There wasn't really an answer to the first one, it depends on the person to be honest.
It's really just explaining a graph so you can do what you want :p

Reaction score
Biology v1 was actually easy to medium but I lost like 9 marks only in the last question only although everyone is saying it was the easiest :( (personally I don,t find 2011 much harder than ours although their curve was too high :confused: )
p6 I lost most of my marks in counting for the tally chart :mad: and p6 isn't supposed to be like that ... p6 should depend more on using your mind more than on studying so everyone did good in it that year and the curve will be so high.

I blaming myself for my stupidity every day :(

Reaction score
Biology v1 was actually easy to medium but I lost like 9 marks only in the last question only although everyone is saying it was the easiest :( (personally I don,t find 2011 much harder than ours although their curve was too high :confused: )
p6 I lost most of my marks in counting for the tally chart :mad: and p6 isn't supposed to be like that ... p6 should depend more on using your mind more than on studying so everyone did good in it that year and the curve will be so high.

no p6 bio was different thats why ppl didnt do very well...its the first time they bring p6 with 2 questions.....and they need thinking and working

Reaction score

no paper 6 curve will not be high , because many candidates had no enough time to complete the tally chart...actually after the exam when we discussed the questions many ppl did not know that there was a chart they did not even reach there :) so yes the curve WILL be low :O

Reaction score

actually it was easy very easy , and do not look at o/n curves they are usually high because candidates are re-sitting an exam so they tend to get better grades while in m/j almost to all candidates this would be their first attempt at the externals :)

Reaction score
the curve in the recent years were low, even for A* (reaching lower than 75% sometimes)

Reaction score
but guys last year for maths i got 77% and it was a B...if you look at may/june 11 i did BX and it says you need 148/200 for an A which is 74% so i should have got an A. When i called my school for my results i asked what i needed for an A in maths she said it was 80%! so i think these grade boundaries are wrong?!?​

Could u scan the certificate and post it here plz I wanna see how it looks thx a lot! :D :D :D :) :) ;)