• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How do you deal the negativity around you?

Reaction score
Being in a student myself, i've often become uncomfortable with my peers who have taken a turn on their personalities due to various pressures and stress at school. What forms of negativity do you have to face daily and how do you cope with it?
Share your experiences so that others may benefit!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Being in a student myself, i've often become uncomfortable with my peers who have taken a turn on their personalities due to various pressures and stress at school. What forms of negativity do you have to face daily and how do you cope with it?

Well I try to hang more around peers that are better than me... not everyone's that negative, there are always good ppl around...

Reaction score

I write. :)
It helps heal all the wounds.

Reaction score
Thats a lot of good advice. Thanks everyone!
A friend suggested something to me today: everyday when you wake up, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself today will be a good. Then you will see how everything works out for you automatically. Your positive mindset is your biggest support at all times!

Reaction score
well what is this all abt?? pressure at studies, or a general talk abt people bothering us??

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb: :)
You should maintain a positive boundary.
Some people might tell you to visualize a bright white light around you to maintain a positive space when other people enter it with negativity. This doesn’t actually work for me because I respond better to ideas in words than visualizations. So I tell myself this, “I can only control the positive space I create around myself.”
Then when I interact with this person, I try to do two things, in this order of importance:
  • Protect the positive space around me. When their negativity is too strong to protect it, I need to walk away.
  • Help them feel more positive, not act more positive–which is more likely to create the desired result.