• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to get an A* in ENGLISH :( HELPPP PLZZZ!!

Reaction score
I took English as a second language 2 years ago and I got B :( so now Im repeating it in the coming May/june session so can anybody help me i have no clue what to do

Reaction score
I had English as first language and got an A*. The only secret to success is reading a lot and going through past papers. I'm not sure if you have formats in second language or not, but if you do, memorize them all. If you need to know anything else, just ask. :)

Reaction score
I had English as first language and got an A*. The only secret to success is reading a lot and going through past papers. I'm not sure if you have formats in second language or not, but if you do, memorize them all. If you need to know anything else, just ask. :)
what else should we do?? I mean o level english is not that easy... do u hv a good vocab or expression? How can i improve my expression??

Reaction score
Any tips, i have been doing first language in oct and got a c. any tips on paper 2 and paper 3 ? The part where you have to describe the paragraph is killing me, any tips ?
And when in paper 3, do you choose the narrative or argumentative, which one is the best and where you could get the highest marks ? Btw any tips on making your argumentative essay not sound stupid and out of subject ?
And last question, did you read literature ? what kind of books did you read, did you study grammar when preparing ?

Reaction score
examkiller

My teacher advises me not to write on an argumentative topic because to make your content worthwhile you need evidence to support your statements or otherwise, you wont sound very convincing and in an argumentative composition, that means you're not going to score much marks. Therefore its usually better to choose a descriptive or narrative topic as it is usually much easier and allows you to unleash your creativity. And if you want to improve your English: READ!!READ!!READ!!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I was a little caught up in studies. I would advise everyone to stay away from the argumentative essays unless you have excellent points on the topics. I went for the narrative, just because I have a good imagination, I would suggest everyone to go for the descriptive (only if you have the correct vocabulary to talk about the topic) or narrative. As for my vocabulary, Its not terrible, nor is it excellent, Its somewhere in between, you just have to use good words and you should never unnecessarily try to fit a complicated word where it doesn't belong.

Reaction score
And like Isbariya said, tenses are extremely important in O Level papers.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I was a little caught up in studies. I would advise everyone to stay away from the argumentative essays unless you have excellent points on the topics. I went for the narrative, just because I have a good imagination, I would suggest everyone to go for the descriptive (only if you have the correct vocabulary to talk about the topic) or narrative. As for my vocabulary, Its not terrible, nor is it excellent, Its somewhere in between, you just have to use good words and you should never unnecessarily try to fit a complicated word where it doesn't belong.
Can I ask, how does your day study go ? could you tell me your schedule ? As my schedule is not the best.

Reaction score
Can I ask, how does your day study go ? could you tell me your schedule ? As my schedule is not the best.
Well to be honest, I'm not very good at making schedules either. What I do is that I study for 1 hour, then take a short break for about 15-20 min. During the exams, I study for a longer period of time and don't take breaks frequently. It also depends on what kind of subjects you're appearing for, for example Islamiat and Pak Studies require more time and effort as compared to Biology or Chemistry.

Reaction score
And like Isbariya said, tenses are extremely important in O Level papers.
You should start off with correcting your spelling mistakes no matter even if it's on the internet.
O/A Level's English papers are easy as hell. It's all just a matter of whether you actually understood what your teacher taught you in class 6-8, like Past tense, how to use them, and stuff like that.
- Braz
any book :)
even magazines and newspapers. It improves your vocabulary and sentence structure.
just want to ask you what to do with o level english paper 2 1123...I am weak in comprehension.done some past paper practice but not getting high marks in it....What to do please give me some tips

Reaction score
just want to ask you what to do with o level english paper 2 1123...I am weak in comprehension.done some past paper practice but not getting high marks in it....What to do please give me some tips
There's nothing you can do about it other than practicing from past papers.