• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to increase vocabulary ??????

Reaction score
hi guys,
how to increase my vocabulary upto the standard of A* in less than a month
I knoe about novels n newspapers but is there another fast n effective way to increase vocab...
plz guys reply as much as u can as time is running OUT!!!! :)
thnx in adv.....

Reaction score
According to our teacher she says that reading will make our vocabulary strong but since there is only 25 OD days try referring the dictionary for each and every difficult word u come across

Reaction score
Get word smart. Its used for SATs. But you can use it now but at a less rigourous level. Just learn 5-10 words everyday. And what selena told is also a good way. Keep a dicionary in your mobile and check the meaning of every difficult word that comes around.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Check out a local used book shop. I'm sure you'l find it there!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Or you can use this one!

Attachments

• 1000 MUST know words for SAT.pdf
    217.5 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
I do lot of comprehension passages.There we come across different difficult word.Then use the dictionary :D :) .Dont worry
be happy

Reaction score
Well u dont need to use dictionary meanings and never write those meanings in the passage meanings although you can use them to remember the general meaning of the word but for passage meaning try to find by reading what it means there sometimes they trick u and use easy words which have different meanings there so u always write the general meaning which is wrong try to find the general meaning that applies in the passage.