• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to prepare for A2

Reaction score
I need some help here. I have to appear in 3 subjects in May/june 2011 of A2 which are Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Now i have only 3 months left and i don't know a thing about my A2. :cry:

I re-appeared in Oct/Nov 2010 for my As-level Physics and Chemistry. After that i didn't even studying anything for my A2 and my result will be out this monday InshAllah. I hope i get an A or A* (InshAllah).

So i need you guys to tell me how to prepare for these three A2 subjects in such little time. I know 3 months aren't enough to score A's but i'll still give it my best shot. If i get B's in my A2 i'll be more then happy cuz getting A's seems impossible right now.
So please tell me from where to begin in all three subjects and how much time should i give to each subject. I'll start getting a tution in all three subjects from tommorow. So what is the best way to prepare right now and from where should i prepare?

Please kindly help me in the best way possible. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Bright students sholud study!!

It is surprising that you are expecting A* in your retake yet you have not touched A2!! My next few comments would certainly set you on fire but I cannot stop myself.

My dear this is not an intermidiate course which can be finisnhed in 3 months. Why don't you people want to study comprehensively for your A-levels.

you are looking like a good student (yuor result would be good inshallah) but A2 is a different story. But these are some hints for A2 CHEMISTRY

1- A2 is more logical than AS. So understand the logic. This is true for chapters Electrochemistry, Equilibria, Kinetics. Do Practice as much as you can.

2- Take special care of Electrochemistry if you solve electrochemistry questions easily then you have done 30% of the whole A2 paper. (refer to paper Nov 07(Q.3, Q.5, Q.10) Also refer to June 08 Q.1, Q.3). This chapter reduces your contents of Group IV and transition elements through the use of Standard electrode potential. Electochemistry questions are asked alongwith organic questions (refer to Nov 05 Q.5)

3- After this come to inorganic which include group VII, IV, transition elements, group II nitrates. You only need to understand the theory of these chapters since some part has been done in electrochemistry.

I will tell u more later. OK.

3-

Reaction score
@ Kahynickel
Thank you for the help. It did not offence me in any way. I know i have been careless alot lately, i should have studied from Day one in my As-level but since i didn't realise the need too i cannot do anything about it now.

I have started taking tutions in all three of the subjects. That would be the best way to cover up my course in short time but i need some help regarding what to study at home. I have 3 hours of tution daily except for Saturday and Sunday. I think i won't be attending school till may/june since i would be covering up all the course at my tutions. So that would give me plenty of time to study at home.

So please guide me how to study for each of the following subjects for my A2?

Maths:
-From where do i practice for maths since i have only 3 months time so should i jump to the past papers or should i solve the P2 and 3 book first and then jump to the past papers.

Chemistry:
I am currently on Chapter 2 that is Electrolysis in chemistry. So how do i practice for chemistry?

Physics:
Covering chapter 2 in physics aswell. Recommend me the book for physics from where i should study. I heard the cambridge OCR book helps alot.

Can somebody guide me that how much individual time should i give to each subject. I wont be going to school and will have 3 hours of tutions daily excluding weekends. So should i give more time to Maths or equal time to all 3 subjects?

I need someone to guide me to cover up my course in the shortest and best possible way right now since time is quite short. Thanks to me. =/

Oh btw i'm only appearing for Physics, Chemistry and Maths A2 in may/june. No Composite papers or extra subjects.

Quick help would be appreciated. :)

Reaction score
you did not mention which chapter you have done in A2 chemistry. You are on electrolysis right now. Well it is electrochemistry if you say appropriately. anyway whichever chapter u have done practice a lot.

You need to hurry up. By this time Application Booklet should have been started in your school and also in coaching. Do everything as if you will hardly find any time for revision.