• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How To See If You Get A Top/Brilliance Award? (IGCSE)

Reaction score
How do students know whether they have achieved a Top In World or Top In ____ award? Is there a website where they post each year/examination's award receivers (internationally and region-wise?) And for you to get the awards do you have to sign/submit anything or your grades to see if you qualify? Or do your grades get automatically considered if you just register for the IGCSE exam in the first place? Do you get the notification after at the same time as your results? And if you are chosen, is your registered school notified? Thanks a lot to anyone who can answer even a little!

Reaction score
You don't have to submit anything, anyone who gives the exams qualifies but obviously the award will be taken by an A* candidate! The rankings are given out in February mostly and your centre will inform you about it. I don't know if you will get an e mail from CIE if you get a ranking but rest assured as your centre will inform you as soon as it can. If you no longer study there or are a private candidate then I suggest you check with the centre around 10 February to see if you got anything. Hope I answered all your questions!:)

Reaction score
You don't have to submit anything, anyone who gives the exams qualifies but obviously the award will be taken by an A* candidate! The rankings are given out in February mostly and your centre will inform you about it. I don't know if you will get an e mail from CIE if you get a ranking but rest assured as your centre will inform you as soon as it can. If you no longer study there or are a private candidate then I suggest you check with the centre around 10 February to see if you got anything. Hope I answered all your questions!:)
the one shown in february consider both may/june and october/november exams???

Reaction score
the one shown in february consider both may/june and october/november exams???
I personally was confused about this myself. Someone here, I think Iridescent, said that only May June candidates get these awards but I've seen pdf files on the net that clearly state that the awards mentioned are for the winter session! So it's best if you ask someone directly involved with CIE like the CIE coordinator at your exam centre.