• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how to self-study without tutor or teacher

Reaction score
Hi, I am graduate from my school right now and I know that I have to study harder now for college
I tried looking for schools ,so i can start my 'A/AS' level studies but there all full.... :(
i was also unable to find tutors to help me.
So any tips I can borrow to study alone without any help . Thank You!

btw subjects im studying are :
ICT IGCSE
Chemistry A level
Biology A level
Math A level

Reaction score
That's near to impossible Sagemaster. A levels is not as pastry-ish as IGCSE. You HAVE to have help. It's a complete next level!

Reaction score
its possible but at some stage you will need help from a teacher when you encounter problems in past papers. but there is a lot of helping material on internet. there are numerous websites with online lectures. Then the Cambridge endorsed books are good and if you put effort,then you can comprehend every chapter from these books + revision guides. You just need to be focused , disciplined and organize yourself well if you gotta do all on your own. good luck

Reaction score
You can only be too easily distracted from the actual syllabus if you go for self-study. Like, you may give too much of focus to one topic and then ignore others... + There are several takes on a topic. By reading a book, you may get only one but a teacher may give you several versions of something and you may choose which one you find best. Remember, a book can't answer your question in 2 seconds. You'll be saving a LOT of time with a tutor.
Hope I helped a bit! Good luck :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
it's not recomended for most ppl but it's possible... Dependz upon da person.. His discipline plus abilty to locate resources both online n in buks... Ability to digest text and make notes..

Reaction score
badrobot14 said:
it's not recomended for most ppl but it's possible... Dependz upon da person.. His discipline plus abilty to locate resources both online n in buks... Ability to digest text and make notes..

yeah... Self-discipline is a key factor here...