• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was accounting p42?

Reaction score
No 1 blew me off. What was the retained profit? Where do you put the capital expenditure ? What happened to bank over draft? What was the total asset? I got 603
Question 2 was okay. Just the first part was tricky. Question 3 was fine too

Reaction score
No 1 blew me off. What was the retained profit? Where do you put the capital expenditure ? What happened to bank over draft? What was the total asset? I got 603
Question 2 was okay. Just the first part was tricky. Question 3 was fine too
No. 1 was tricky for me too, my balance sheet didn't tally by a small amount, about 5180. I made a bank account to enter the expenses, receipts from debtors, payments to creditors and the capital expenditure. I'm not sure whether what I did is right.

Reaction score
No. 1 was tricky for me too, my balance sheet didn't tally by a small amount, about 5180. I made a bank account to enter the expenses, receipts from debtors, payments to creditors and the capital expenditure. I'm not sure whether what I did is right.
Yep, you basically had to make a "mini" cash flow statement adding profit from operations, depreciation charges, increase in inventories, trade receivables and so on. It WASN'T the balancing figure.

Reaction score
Yep, you basically had to make a "mini" cash flow statement adding profit from operations, depreciation charges, increase in inventories, trade receivables and so on. It WASN'T the balancing figure.
how many marks do you think the amount of cash at bank will have?I didn't do it.

Reaction score
Does it have to be a CFS? It can also be a bank a/c right?

Reaction score
Why was current ac of 12 marks? What were the contents in that?
And what about the npv? Was it compulsory to give answers in 2 decimal places?

Reaction score
Why was current ac of 12 marks? What were the contents in that?
And what about the npv? Was it compulsory to give answers in 2 decimal places?
The current a'c contained drawings on the debit side. There was interest on capital and profit on the credit side. Note that Interest on capital had to be charged for 6 months at the original rate and 6 months at the new rate. Profit for the two periods too had to be split in the original and new share. I made 2 rough income statements for calculations. I think that's all, can't remember too well :S

Reaction score
The current a'c contained drawings on the debit side. There was interest on capital and profit on the credit side. Note that Interest on capital had to be charged for 6 months at the original rate and 6 months at the new rate. Profit for the two periods too had to be split in the original and new share. I made 2 rough income statements for calculations. I think that's all, can't remember too well :S
wasn't it share of loss?

Reaction score
What if I didn't made a proper cash flow but showed all things that had to be subtracted and added in my workings????????? Will I get full marks for my bank working????