• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was AS Math P1?

Reaction score
I personally believe that grasping the concept in question 7 proved a little hard for most. Then the binomial- question's second part needed good concepts. Question 3 was again a good one- the one with y=mx+c. Then the function's inverse had a slight trickery in the domain.
Also Question 10 which was about A.P was a testing one.

Reaction score
I personally believe that grasping the concept in question 7 proved a little hard for most. Then the binomial- question's second part needed good concepts. Question 3 was again a good one- the one with y=mx+c. Then the function's inverse had a slight trickery in the domain.
can u inbox me the right answer for domain ?

Reaction score

Agreed. Not sure about which trick on the domain that you are talking about, though.

Reaction score
Inbox me too :D

Reaction score
what was the area in last one subtracting curve eqn from line and the intgrate fro -0.25 to 1 right?

Reaction score
I don't know, but according to me .... this was the easier than the June 12, 11 or 10 .... except for the domain part ..... but i think the threshold will be around 59 - 63 or even lower Inshallah

Reaction score
I don't know, but according to me .... this was the easier than the June 12, 11 or 10 .... except for the domain part ..... but i think the threshold will be around 59 - 63 or even lower Inshallah
`can u inbox me the domain

Reaction score
yeah so it wasnt difficult to find
u just had to put one right in the equation !

Reaction score
You guys are kidding right? Reflections in AS, its not even on the syllabus. Question 3 was hard, question 7 was hard. The functions question was weird, the sequences and series was just hard to digest and the last one was messy. My teacher even said that 11 questions with one worth 7 one worth 5 and the last one worth 10 is a HARD paper. Time wise. So i think it will be 53-60 for an A, and like 45ish for a B.

Reaction score
q3 was easy...it was one with discriminant if I remember correctly m=-3 and point (2,8)
q7 was done by using line eq and mid point,lengthy but easy

threshold will be around 58 cuz of q7 and gp question although they were easy

Reaction score
Lol, or what? This is the internet, no one has the power to restrict you to do anything.
This is a forum and it has rules that you might get banned if you don't follow

Are you guys kidding ?
no matter how hard paper comes I have never seen GT of P1 less than 57,58
And this was relatively easy paper. Q7 was also easy it's just that very few people were able to pick it
The very last november was 55. though I do agree with you it wasn't that hard (even if I messed up badly)
Increasing
I wrote same but real ans was 0<x<-2.5
That was a trick
I'm not going to discuss the answer but what you wrote generally makes no sense, how can a number be bigger than 0 and smaller than -2.5 at the same time?