• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Bio p41 and expected threshold??

Reaction score
do u guyzzz think this exam or n11 was harder .... expect the threshold ..... i did co2 for limiting factor and missed 15 marks( left un answered :'(
N11 was a piece of cake compared to this!!! This was nuts!!!

Reaction score
N11 was a piece of cake compared to this!!! This was nuts!!!
i totttalllly agreee but w need to be more sure .. imean ask more people people were geussing 60/100 well n10 was 58 /100 and this is a huge diff . hope fully the curve would be lower than n11

Reaction score
do u guyzzz think this exam or n11 was harder .... expect the threshold ..... i did co2 for limiting factor and missed 15 marks( left un answered :'(
dont worry, if ur paper overall went good, u can still get a good result! :)

Reaction score
dont worry, if ur paper overall went good, u can still get a good result! :)
unfortionatly i still lost marks in the rest :'( i'll make a total of losing about 30 32 marks :( so that's why i am asking about expected thresholds as if it was like n11 or less!! then maybe i'll have a chance

Reaction score
unfortionatly i still lost marks in the rest :'( i'll make a total of losing about 30 32 marks :( so that's why i am asking about expected thresholds as if it was like n11 or less!! then maybe i'll have a chance
getting around 65/100 u mean? you'll get an A inshaAllah.. depending if ur AS went good as well...

Reaction score
Guys I think the exam was not that bad :) However, there were some questions (HDR and the puberty curve for example) that were somehow high !!
But the majority of the questions were direct (allopatric speciation, progesterone and other questions) !!
This exam can't be compared to Nov. 2011 !! That exam was completely out of syllabus !! And I think that the A will by no means be less than 70 !!
Good Luck for u all :D

Reaction score
I wrote temperature. Since it was low and constant for all.
the question said FOR THIS SET OF VALUES!
in the rate graph we had plotted, the rate continued ti increase when the light intensity had increased never reaching a contant value meaning that light intensity was limiting.. that is why increasing it led to a higher rate of photosynthesis!

Reaction score
the question said FOR THIS SET OF VALUES!
in the rate graph we had plotted, the rate continued ti increase when the light intensity had increased never reaching a contant value meaning that light intensity was limiting.. that is why increasing it led to a higher rate of photosynthesis!
but then at the same time the concentration of co2 was also being increased??So why is CO2 inapropriate as an answwer?

Reaction score
I think the limiting factor was CO2 conc. !!
Unless there is a source of CO2 mentioned in the question, CO2 conc. is always limiting :)

Reaction score
Honestly I did Nov 2011 v1 ... This exam is easier than Nov 2011 ! ... But it was too long .. i left 7 marks ( HDR Question ) and some stupid mistakes ... i will lose about 30 marks :/

Reaction score
Bio P4 was juz 2 LONG!! all d same, it was a nice paper but d graphs and data tables were juz 2 much>>> GT should be around 68-70