• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 11

how was the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
It was A, glucose only, because the straight chain sugar they gave us in the diagram was a hexose; ribose and deoxyribose are both pentose sugars, hence it can't be either of them. Hope this helps.
thanks . i choosed glucose only too .

Reaction score
I thought the exam was pretty easy.. but now that I've seen this read.. yeah it might have been a bit tricky :/

Reaction score
One thing: you guys aren't serious about the threshold for A being 25 - 34 are you? I certainly hope it's an Xtremepapers forums joke I'm missing :p No way it'd be that low, for any subject xD

Reaction score
One thing: you guys aren't serious about the threshold for A being 25 - 34 are you? I certainly hope it's an Xtremepapers forums joke I'm missing :p No way it'd be that low, for any subject xD
my friend , this paper was difficult . if bio threshold was high in previous years doesn't mean it will be high every year.... as they change questions , threshold will also change... for example june 2012 11 A was 35 marks while in nov 2012 11 it was 28 marks so that clearly shows that it all depends on the difficulty of the questions... so it's not a RULE that it should always be high

Reaction score
my friend , this paper was difficult . if bio threshold was high in previous years doesn't mean it will be high every year.... as they change questions , threshold will also change... for example june 2012 11 A was 35 marks while in nov 2012 11 it was 28 marks so that clearly shows that it all depends on the difficulty of the questions... so it's not a RULE that it should always be high

I see, but I already knew that...

Reaction score
What was the answer to the question with stage micrometer? and asked for the area of field of view?

Reaction score
The answer for the by pass one could only be the procedure to better oxygenate the heart muscle.... One said about systemic circulation can t be one said to replace the aorta which is stupid... and the other was ridiculous Could

Reaction score
The answer for the by pass one could only be the procedure to better oxygenate the heart muscle.... One said about systemic circulation can t be one said to replace the aorta which is stupid... and the other was ridiculous Could
damn i put A as my answer i really thought of the whole thing as taking the strain off of the heart