• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 11

how was the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello guys. how did you find the paper? i found it really tricky to be honest . when i went out of the exam everyone was like easy but after we started discussing it turned out to be a really tricky one... moreover, less repeated questions compared to previous years. expecting A to be 28-30

Reaction score
yup i m here...i felt it easy..but yes there were some confusing options to choose...
i think gt will be 27-30

Reaction score
yup i m here...i felt it easy..but yes there were some confusing options to choose...
i think gt will be 27-30
i felt it was harder than previous years... i was confused in some questions and stuck between two answers.... i agree with you about grade threshold 27-30 seems to be fair. even my teacher said so that it was challenging

Reaction score
i felt it was harder than previous years... i was confused in some questions and stuck between two answers.... i agree with you about grade threshold 27-30 seems to be fair. even my teacher said so that it was challenging
yes...same here stuck in two ans...but bio was a lot easier than phy & chem

Reaction score
oh come on... chem was so easy all the three papers were easy... teacher said about p2 that A could be a 50/60 !

Reaction score
wht did u do fr hydrolytic enzyme in lysosome....where 3 circles were made?
oh god this was the question were everyone had different answers . i think i got it wrong too since majority said golgi apparatus and RER while i choosed only golgi apparatus . what about you/>

Reaction score
for the mean question i think that all the students(1,2,3 and 4) were correct because if you went through the results you will see that there are extreme values that should not be included in the mean . If you dont include these values in the calculation you will get the exact same result as they did. So for instance student 4 had all his results near 20, but there was one result which was 6 this result should be eliminated and not included in the mean.

Reaction score
for the mean question i think that all the students(1,2,3 and 4) were correct because if you went through the results you will see that there are extreme values that should not be included in the mean . If you dont include these values in the calculation you will get the exact same result as they did. So for instance student 4 had all his results near 20, but there was one result which was 6 this result should be eliminated and not included in the mean.
i told you man . everyone is getting different answers. this paper was challenging and almost every questions needed some work to get the answer. i usually finish within 40 minutes but during this exam i took the full 1 hour to do and knew that i messed up.. hope the GT is low

Reaction score
Am I the only one who did the paper twice? I finished in half an hour and went through it once.

As for the bubble question, the correct answer was D, student 3 only. Because the Student 1 and student 4 calculated the average to be a decimal number of bubbles - how, for example, can you have 1 and a half bubbles? Student 2 simply made a calculation error; it should've been 16 bubbles per minute, not 18, therefore only student 3 was correct.

Hope this helps.

The only one I couldn't do was to do with the denitrifying/nitrifying/etc bacteria carrying out either aerobic or anaerobic respiration :c

Reaction score
Am I the only one who did the paper twice? I finished in half an hour and went through it once.

As for the bubble question, the correct answer was D, student 3 only. Because the Student 1 and student 4 calculated the average to be a decimal number of bubbles - how, for example, can you have 1 and a half bubbles? Student 2 simply made a calculation error; it should've been 16 bubbles per minute, not 18, therefore only student 3 was correct.

Hope this helps.

The only one I couldn't do was to do with the denitrifying/nitrifying/etc bacteria carrying out either aerobic or anaerobic respiration :c

no u r nt the only 1...im der with you:D bt i do hv doubts in sum ques...wt did u rite fr the ques of da end of period wer ventricls r filled with blood

Reaction score
no u r nt the only 1...im der with you:D bt i do hv doubts in sum ques...wt did u rite fr the ques of da end of period wer ventricls r filled with blood
i choosed B for that and my teacher said it's B too since in C ventricular distole already started so that was a wrong choice