• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chem. p5

how much do u expect in chem. p5??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
People remove ur comments which are revealing paper content!
I did also :D

Reaction score
The paper was weird. I was stuck on some parts and i got the gradient wrong. but my method was right. So will i get a mark?

Reaction score
well u i think we must have drawn ice bath that is abeak filled with crushed ice.....and A U TUBE is there.....immersed in crushed ice ....where water will get cndensed and ccollected..........cos wid liebig condenser ....wehere u ll put the ice.....cos liebig cndenser works by a jacket of cold water not CRUSHED Ice.........
pm me the anser to last part u ppl wrote

Reaction score
well u i think we must have drawn ice bath that is abeak filled with crushed ice.....and A U TUBE is there.....immersed in crushed ice ....where water will get cndensed and ccollected..........cos wid liebig condenser ....wehere u ll put the ice.....cos liebig cndenser works by a jacket of cold water not CRUSHED Ice.........
pm me the anser to last part u ppl wrote
with a u tube water will collect and how can gass pass through......

Reaction score
well through the U TUBE GAS CN EASILY PASS ...IT HAS OPENINGS AT THE ENDS ....where cnnections cn be made to delivery tubes

Reaction score
what I can conclude is that u have to take fixed mass of ammonim nitrate and heat it. the gas which wil evolve, wil contain no2 and h20 vapurs

by installing liebeg condesor we can condense water molecules.

the remaing will be no2 gas it should be coolected in syringe.

we have to show the volume of syringe gas with respect to the mass/ moles of ammonim nitrate we used. using eq. given at frst page.

lets suppose u took 1.0g of AMMONIUM nitrate means u have taken 0.0125 moles of it

now molar ratio is 1 : 1 of ammonium nitrate and NO2 so same moles wil be produced of No2 convert them to the volume

there wil be 300cm^3 of volume of No2 to be collected

repeat the experiment to get a set of values to plot a graph

thats what i think
thats what i did... btw what GT could this paper be

Reaction score
welll cud we use bunsen burner to heat ammonium nitrate which is contained in boiling tube

Reaction score
welll cud we use bunsen burner to heat ammonium nitrate which is contained in boiling tube

Yes u cd have used an bunsen flame! THE Gas tht was collected shd have been allowed to cool to room temperature ie 25 degree!
Hence waterbath wasnt NECCESSARY! ad gas syringe had to be connected after the ice coloum!
He asked hw the gas would be collected at 25 degrees! A lotof studnts ensured the gas was at 25 degree! But it was mentioned in Q tht rtp is 25 degree so just allowing gas to cool to rtp qould have reulted in gas being collected at 25 degree! :p

Reaction score
Guyz what did u write fr Q2 in which it was asked tht y the graph of We had drawn was in appropriate fr BOYLES LAW!? Something like this!!! :/Last Q on 2nd last page ! It was fr 1 mark!!

And wat about last 2 parts of Q2??
:p

Reaction score
well i dint even mentioned allow the gas to cool to rtp b4 measuring volume so loosing 1 mark...here.....well regarding precaution.....i said make sure that there is no any combustible thing near aparatuss.....bt i guess itts imprecise rather than saying avoiding slames....wat do u say.....will i get a mark

Reaction score
Yes u cd have used an bunsen flame! THE Gas tht was collected shd have been allowed to cool to room temperature ie 25 degree!
Hence waterbath wasnt NECCESSARY! ad gas syringe had to be connected after the ice coloum!
He asked hw the gas would be collected at 25 degrees! A lotof studnts ensured the gas was at 25 degree! But it was mentioned in Q tht rtp is 25 degree so just allowing gas to cool to rtp qould have reulted in gas being collected at 25 degree! :p
if so than it gave a gr8 relief

Reaction score
well i dint even mentioned allow the gas to cool to rtp b4 measuring volume so loosing 1 mark...here.....well regarding precaution.....i said make sure that there is no any combustible thing near aparatuss.....bt i guess itts imprecise rather than saying avoiding slames....wat do u say.....will i get a mark

i wrote that the tube/ beaker used shud be vacumed (no air in it) so no combustion wil be there. is this correct?

Reaction score
Guyz what did u write fr Q2 in which it was asked tht y the graph of We had drawn was in appropriate fr BOYLES LAW!? Something like this!!! :/Last Q on 2nd last page ! It was fr 1 mark!!

And wat about last 2 parts of Q2??
:p

the graph was not cutting origin there was a y intercept
where as boyles law states that p directly proportional to 1/V. measn it should cut origin which it does not :)

Reaction score
the graph was not cutting origin there was a y intercept
where as boyles law states that p directly proportional to 1/V. measn it should cut origin which it does not :)

Well i drew a cuRve which was passing thru orign! It was a stright line fr the start and thn aftr 3/4 point it turned upwards! Hence i wrote that graph oh 1/v against P shd b a staright line frm Orgin whereas mine is a curve so thts y nt applicable fr boyles law! I alsoworte a reson fr the curve like may b temp nt remainded constant resulting in curve! Lol!!!
I think its logical!!!

What was the anomily!??
I had only 1 anomily that was towards the (1/v) more so tht meant that volume measured was less thn actual so i wrote the reason being tht volume measured earlier thn th actal time at which vacum
Pump showed the pressure!! :p
Btw i only had 1 anomily!! :p

Reaction score

Yes refernve to combustible materail is ok! I stated tht keep away frm
Flames and also refered to warm apparatus so burns so wear gloves etc!! Lol