• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
the statement was sulfate ions move towards the CATHODE...!! sorry i wrote it wrong b4...!! this makes it incorrect... how can sulfate be attracted towards the negative electrode?? i also chose tht option at first but then realized tht it was wrong.

Reaction score
In 36 and 37 MCQs...

What was Addition reaction.. A was substitution reaction and B and C seemed like oxidation so I did S.

And in 37, I was torn between A and D but eventually chose as there was absolutely nothing wrong with the structure given.

btw for the conduction one, I also did mercury.

Reaction score
i also did the strucure of methanol as the correct option..!! n i did D for addition reaction

Reaction score
hey for the methanoic acid one.........i wrote react in air.......with acidified potassium dichromate......is that good enough for 2 marks

Reaction score
Was either B or D but I did B.

pentane one was D , the forces of attraction always contribute to the boiling point !!..

while the methanol mcq was A !! it was also confirmed by the last question in p2 :) !! they asked for a FULL structure of methanol it was wrong as a bond between O-H was missing :) !! got it >? !!

yup the addition reaction was the bromine one D !!

for the people who are arguing over mercury , and the arguements they are making are pointless like it is a metal and very good conductor i can't help them :D !! Mercury is a fair conductor of electricity as it is a liquid it can't conduct it the way other metals do plus it is a weak electrolyte :) !! as u can find it everywhere when u search :)! !! so it does conduct electricity but to a smaller extent and hence the light in the lamp glows dim :!)

hope it clarifies people doubts or else they can confirm that it was D from there respective teachers :)

Reaction score
the statement was sulfate ions move towards the CATHODE...!! sorry i wrote it wrong b4...!! this makes it incorrect... how can sulfate be attracted towards the negative electrode?? i also chose tht option at first but then realized tht it was wrong.
the confirmed option is that copper always formed at cathode !! bet on it :)