• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
well wat were ur answers?? i dunt remember the questions if u do plz tell me wat were the answers! i wana confirm!..:p
Well Copper carbonate was the least stable.......answer for mass part was that they all have differnet number of moles with 2 g , so differnet mass of Co2 was released
And, the ionic was bit complicated, I dont remember it ryte now
For the prepartaion of copper chloride, which was a soluble salt, i wrote" take excess amount of copper carbonate and mix it with dilute sulphuric acid( i guess these were the starting materials given ryte?). FILTER out excess copper carnbonate and evapourate the filtrate to the crystallization point. allow to cool and wash with water and then dry with filter paper"
Hope it helped :D

Reaction score
Well Copper carbonate was the least stable.......answer for mass part was that they all have differnet number of moles with 2 g , so differnet mass of Co2 was released
For the prepartaion of copper chloride, which was a soluble salt, i wrote" take excess amount of copper carbonate and mix it with dilute sulphuric acid( i guess these were the starting materials given ryte?). FILTER out excess copper carnbonate and evapourate the filtrate to the crystallization point. allow to cool and wash with water and then dry with filter paper"

i think you meant dilute Hydrochloric acid.... =P

Reaction score
Come on guys .... It was B .... havent u done past papers related to this ? And mercury is a transition metal , so it is a good conductor of electricity :D Besides, whatever it was , leave it and dont discuss it cz it was worth one mark only :)

no answer to what I said :p NO FREE IONS :D

Reaction score
i'm going to boycott this page, i think.. it makes me feel like a dumbo.. i could do without another dose of depression i think...:(

Reaction score
-Dissolving
-Filtering
-Crystalliztion
Inorder to extract Copper Chloride! these were main points to be discussed!

Reaction score
well thankyou!!! for telling me the answers i wrote!!..:D..:p

Reaction score
The question which asked about bulb going least bright was surely Graphit due to its relatively high resistivity! Referance wikipedia!
Metals sodium and mercury are good conductors whereas solid bromide didnt lit up the lamp so least bright wasnt an exception!
Graphite is also used to make resistors! so Bulb would be least bright in the case!

Reaction score
The Methanol McQ was D due to correct structure ref<wikipedia and Methanol could literally not be oxidised to Methanoic Acid as further catalytic processes are still required ref<wikipedia search Formic Acid!. Ethanol could be oxidised and further in series! So D was the correct option!

Reaction score
The lamp MCQ's answer was liquid mercury, since the mercury never discharges at the electrodes it will cause the lamp to light up dimly. Its similar to a past paper MCQ, they just changed the approach.
In p2, titration question we had to take 30cm3 as the volume since that was the amount neutralizing the acid. I think the concentration was 0.083 as beeloooo said.
In the electrolysis of Copper(II) Sulfate the Cu2+ ions are ALWAYS attracted towards the negative electrode no matter what the conditions, since it is lower than hydrogen. Sulfate ions are never discharged.
In the MCQ relating to Aluminium Oxide's electrolysis, the answer was that Aluminium is always formed at the cathode and Carbon Dioxide/Monoxide is always formed at the anode since the oxygen that is deposited corrodes away the carbon electrode by reacting with it.
Silver Nitrate was the answer for the MCQ regarding how to differentiate between HCl and HNO3 since a white precipitate of Silver Chloride will be formed in that case.
my all answers matches urz :) i hope all are correct now! :D

Reaction score
The Methanol McQ was D due to correct structure ref<wikipedia and Methanol could literally not be oxidised to Methanoic Acid as further catalytic processes are still required ref<wikipedia search Formic Acid!. Ethanol could be oxidised and further in series! So D was the correct option!
no....the structure did not show the O-H bond so it wasn't correct......answer was A :p

Reaction score
my all answers matches urz :) i hope all are correct now! :D

Be rest assured, they are all 101% correct :) except for the MCQ regarding the lamp's brightness, there is still some doubt in that :p