• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY P42 MAY/JUNE 2017 (POLL)

How was Chemistry p42 may/june 2017

• HARD

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • NORMAL

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • EASY

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
It was a tough paper. The 10 mark organic Q i got most wrong.. Expected gt around 62-63

Reaction score
Veeery ugly paper left 10 marks anyway and dunno about the rest. Saddening experience. Everyone I know found it hard. Much worse reaction than biology P4.

Reaction score
Veeery ugly paper left 10 marks anyway and dunno about the rest. Saddening experience. Everyone I know found it hard. Much worse reaction than biology P4.
Was a better reaction than bio p4 at my center.. the paper was quite tough though. But not tougher than m/j 2016 according to me

Reaction score
Was a better reaction than bio p4 at my center.. the paper was quite tough though. But not tougher than m/j 2016 according to me

Hmmm yeah that was pretty hard too. lets see what others say. Thankfully my p2 and p5 went well enough so if p3 and p1 go good then A* is still possible.

Reaction score
The toughest question for everyone at my center was the 10 mark Organic Q. I have seen in the past, where question that can get wrong completely like this one.... The gt falls. So lets hope for the best.

Reaction score
Hmmm yeah that was pretty hard too. lets see what others say. Thankfully my p2 and p5 went well enough so if p3 and p1 go good then A* is still possible.
Same situation here.. p2 and p5 went really well. I think a total of around 190-200 will be needed for A*

Reaction score
The toughest question for everyone at my center was the 10 mark Organic Q. I have seen in the past, where question that can get wrong completely like this one.... The gt falls. So lets hope for the best.
ive never seen an organic question like that in papers

Reaction score
ive never seen an organic question like that in papers
Same. I did 2008-2016 most the papers including variants for organic.. but no way did i found a question that was this tough.. My thought for this question is that even though it was tough, it would have been possible to solve it in like 30 minutes. It required a lot of information to be processed. I am getting a max 1/10 :p :cry:

Reaction score
Same. I did 2008-2016 most the papers including variants for organic.. but no way did i found a question that was this tough.. My thought for this question is that even though it was tough, it would have been possible to solve it in like 30 minutes. It required a lot of information to be processed. I am getting a max 1/10 :p :cry:
and the rest of the paper how did you find it im so uncertain about some answers

Reaction score
how was the other part i wasted time in the organic and it affected the rest
overall there were a few part here and there that were tough.. The Kstab Q i found pretty challenging. The 2 mark Q where n was to be found i got wrong... I did a lot wrong. Expecting around 70-73

Reaction score
overall there were a few part here and there that were tough.. The Kstab Q i found pretty challenging. The 2 mark Q where n was to be found i got wrong... I did a lot wrong. Expecting around 70-73
same i messed up in so many places my calculations just wasted it

Reaction score
Man I don't even wanna talk about it like wtf. I found it to be harder than MJ 2016. MJ 2016 had questions that were doable but this paper some were just completely new. I hope I get 75+.
similar expected totals :p 75 is pretty good for A* if you expect good in AS.. :)

Reaction score
Man I don't even wanna talk about it like wtf. I found it to be harder than MJ 2016. MJ 2016 had questions that were doable but this paper some were just completely new. I hope I get 75+.
exactlyy man this paper was so different from the rest

Reaction score
did you guys find the Kstab part hard? anyone? it was the 2nd toughest after organic for me... Just the parts those were the first on that entropy/kstab page....

Reaction score
Yeah I multiplied the 2 Kstab expressions and values to find the overall one.. Idk if it's correct tho