• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P42

Reaction score
Haha reallly?

Remember any other question?

yeah didnt know what conc of SO4^2- to take, i assumed to be the same as Ag+!==
the nmr question, i got CH3C=OOCH2CH3,
the homogeneous catalysis question i wrote the reactions between I- and S2O8^2-, heterogeneous --> haber process!
i dont remember more than that!! :unsure: xP

Reaction score
you remember your calculations? :sneaky:
conc of Fe2+ ions was 0.6 mol per dm, in begining of ques they gave us that solution has conce of 1.5 mol dm of Fe 3+, the equation showed that Fe 3+ reacts with copper only, so then conce of Fe 3+ in solution when o.6 moles of Fe 2+ has formed = 1.5-0.6=0.9, since it was 100cm cubed, moles are 0.09, copper reacts in 1:2 ratio, so 0.045 moles, 0.045x63.5= 2.86g

Reaction score
conc of Fe2+ ions was 0.6 mol per dm, in begining of ques they gave us that solution has conce of 1.5 mol dm of Fe 3+, the equation showed that Fe 3+ reacts with copper only, so then conce of Fe 3+ in solution when o.6 moles of Fe 2+ has formed = 1.5-0.6=0.9, since it was 100cm cubed, moles are 0.09, copper reacts in 1:2 ratio, so 0.045 moles, 0.045x63.5= 2.86g

I think we has to use the concentration of the partially used solution and not the original concentration

Reaction score
I think we has to use the concentration of the partially used solution and not the original concentration
yes, i used the "partially used" solution, only 0.9 moles of Fe 3+ were left, i know many candidates did calculations wit o.6mol dm conce of Fe 2+, but on second thought, does Fe2+ even react with copper!!!!!

Reaction score
yes, i used the "partially used" solution, only 0.9 moles of Fe 3+ were left, i know many candidates did calculations wit o.6mol dm conce of Fe 2+, but on second thought, does Fe2+ even react with copper!!!!!

It said in the question that the Mn04- ions reconverted the Fe2+ left to Fe3+ and that was the partially used solution

Reaction score
conc of Fe2+ ions was 0.6 mol per dm, in begining of ques they gave us that solution has conce of 1.5 mol dm of Fe 3+, the equation showed that Fe 3+ reacts with copper only, so then conce of Fe 3+ in solution when o.6 moles of Fe 2+ ha

s formed = 1.5-0.6=0.9, since it was 100cm cubed, moles are 0.09, copper reacts in 1:2 ratio, so 0.045 moles, 0.045x63.5= 2.86g
did u remember how many marks was this question?did u?????

Reaction score
yeah didnt know what conc of SO4^2- to take, i assumed to be the same as Ag+!==
the nmr question, i got CH3C=OOCH2CH3,
the homogeneous catalysis question i wrote the reactions between I- and S2O8^2-, heterogeneous --> haber process!
i dont remember more than that!! :unsure: xP
i took conc of SO4^2- half of Ag+ and did it, and for the rest i got same result as yours