• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry p52?

Reaction score
Can someone inbox me their table column headings..percentage error and transition temp.. Also the last exo and endo part:)

Reaction score
easy paper (y) it was obvious that solubility would be out. many actually got confused. i don't think the grade threshold would be low

Reaction score
the % error was 1.25 something? and the graph was first increasing and then at the top a slanting graph intersecting? and the last part was endo and exo, the graph in first question was that it was showing decrease? if all of this are correect then I am getting 25/30! bye guys

Reaction score
I think the paper is just average, neither hard nor easy. I think the first question's temperature decreases as the reaction is endothermic. The 2nd question is endo then exo. Transition temperature about 40. What does anyone's answer on the effect of misreading the temperature? I wrote no effect as the gradient is still increasing at the point.

Reaction score
I think the paper is just average, neither hard nor easy. I think the first question's temperature decreases as the reaction is endothermic. The 2nd question is endo then exo. Transition temperature about 40. What does anyone's answer on the effect of misreading the temperature? I wrote no effect as the gradient is still increasing at the point.
well i think the 1st curve will shift to the left and so will the transition temp( decrease)

Reaction score
Didnt the temp increase and thus exothermic for the first one?

for the 1st curve , as temp increased , solubility also increased this must mean that dissolving the solute is endothermic ( hydrated salt)
as for the 2nd curve , increasing temp decreased the solubility ----> exothermic ( anhydrous salt)

Reaction score
the % error was 1.25 something? and the graph was first increasing and then at the top a slanting graph intersecting? and the last part was endo and exo, the graph in first question was that it was showing decrease? if all of this are correect then I am getting 25/30! bye guys

i`m pretty sure that the graph in the 1st question was increasing until saturation. by increase , i mean the temperature CHANGE and not the temperature.
to sum up , my graph was like this:
y-axis - temp change
x-axis - conc
graph starts at (0,0) straight line till saturation point where it plateaus (according to the lastest mark schemes, the plateau is not required, a straight line from (0,0) will do)

Reaction score
i`m pretty sure that the graph in the 1st question was increasing until saturation. by increase , i mean the temperature CHANGE and not the temperature.
y-axis - temp change
x-axis - conc
graph starts at (0,0) straight line till saturation point where it plateaus (according to the lastest mark schemes, the plateau is not required, a straight line from (0,0) will do)

i guesss he said about two curves
i made two curves one was exo the soulubilty decreases with increase the other was endo soulubilty increses with incere in temp
my traistion point was around 50/92 soulubilty and for the exo graph the last points were flating out 3-4 point on 30 were used in the second curve
i hope i dont lose much quest 1 was normal i still think i didnot do that well but quest 2 was quite challenging what were ur range of soulubilty ihad from aroud 40s to 90s and the water was in range of 20 and tehre were many 20cm3 etc
please share ur ans i alredy f*d my paper 4 :(

Reaction score
y-axis - temp change
x-axis - conc

it was decrease bro reaction was +entahlpy which is forward soulubilty reaction and is endo tehmic so with incerase in solute the temp would be much lower :)

Reaction score

exatly i guess i had like same percentage error 1.26 or etc just forgot :)

Reaction score
and since enthalpy was + for fowrward reaction it is suposed to get more endothemric with more addition of soulute we did that practivle in college in paper 3 practise where u add solute the greates temp change is more higer and the highers temprature was more lower :)
i guess the graph was between temp with addition of solute NOT TEMP CHANGE or else it would have been from 0,0