• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chemistry paper 22

Reaction score
from what i have found so far, there may be:
-nitrogen and sulphur
-flame tests
-kc calculation (not sure) + definition of weak base (im guessing there will be no q from enthalpy/rate of reaction- so study the equilibrium chapter )
-isomerism+tricky organic stuff, also somewhere they could ask what functional group is tested using NaCO3
-some hard-asss moles questions, with %impurity (some say its supposed to be 91% or close)
how did u get hold of all dis info b4 sittin 4 d ppr????????????

Reaction score
well thats not exactly very helpful (though it saved a little time during revising). also its kinda common sense that theres gonna be tricky organic stuff and moles crap- all p2's have that one!

anyways guys we people are done taking the exam and thanks so much for not helping, we'll remember that. :p

Reaction score
I have done the exam. Someone PM me the percentage purity answer. I think i really messed it up :(

Reaction score
I have done the exam. Someone PM me the percentage purity answer. I think i really messed it up :(
I got 91.22- and no one give me the 24 hour bullshit because people will be giving different variants by now

Reaction score
I got 91.22- and no one give me the 24 hour bullshit because people will be giving different variants by now
Oh shit bro, my friends got around 91 aswell. i screwed it up and got around 23 somthing *cries*

Reaction score
Oh shit bro, my friends got around 91 aswell. i screwed it up and got around 23 somthing *cries*

How on earth did you get 23? Lets hope you screwed up towards the end and not at the beginning of all those mole questions :p
It was kind of simple, overall :D

Reaction score
LOL @ SB29597 exactly

btw what equation did you use to explain weak base?? nh3+ h20-> nh4+ +oh-? this one.

also what was the ester answer at the end, what is the identity of R? ethanoic acid??

Reaction score
How on earth did you get 23? Lets hope you screwed up towards the end and not at the beginning of all those mole questions :p
It was kind of simple, overall :D
Yeah it was fairly easy! Goddammit i screwed up the moles question :/ Nothing to do though...

Reaction score
LOL @ SB29597 exactly

btw what equation did you use to explain weak base?? nh3+ h20-> nh4+ +oh-? this one.

also what was the ester answer at the end, what is the identity of R? ethanoic acid??

Yes to both :D
*High Five*

I think we rocked this exam :D

Reaction score
oh thank god, *high five* :D i think i missed a couple marks though, O.N. of N in nh3 is supposed to be -3, and i wrote +3!! also i messed up the pressure of contact process (should be 100 kPa, i wrote 100 atm) *facepalm*

Reaction score
and raiyan3, dont get upset, you probably messed up something at the beginning, you'll still get marks by error carried forward, given you got the method right.

Reaction score
oh thank god, *high five* :D i think i missed a couple marks though, O.N. of N in nh3 is supposed to be -3, and i wrote +3!! also i messed up the pressure of contact process (should be 100 kPa, i wrote 100 atm) *facepalm*

shit happens xD