• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was econ p42 guys?

Reaction score
i agree with but i had confusion regarding the very first question in section A
at factor cost it means prices received by the owner its obvious that they have to pay indirect taxes like if a consumer pays 100 for a burger the owner will get 90 i.e 10 will go to the government whre at marker price it meant prices paid by consumer i.e
100 or in other words profit margin included in the prices of goods
dont worry i also wrote wrong definition of factor cost as i wrote factor cost means cost of the production of gdp bt i may get marks ;)

Reaction score
plz tell whether this correct? GDP at market prices is also known as GDP at current prices. in other words it is the GDP measured in terms of the prices operating in the year in which the output was produced. and i wrote GDP at factor cost means GDP measured in terms of the cost of factor inputs.
u r right about market price bt not cost price as i also wrote ur answer in the exam by considering the term cost bt the correct answer is gdp at factor cost price means market price minus indirect taxes plus subsidies im having a feeling that we will get marks

Reaction score
GDP - hidden econmoy, non marketed goods, diffuculties in measuring govt. services etc... conclusion GDP can be both a reliable as well as unreliable indicator
doest show amount of goods,the relative price level,working conditions,life expectancy,uneven income distribution...mostly an unreliable measure so i wrote hdi is a better one

Reaction score
What did you guys think ? Discussions after 24 hours
Suggestions of gt?
Thought it was alright, nothing too out of the blue, overall a good paper i suppose
gt cant be said because it contained all types of aswers hard normal and easy so will depend upon the majority who chose a particular type of question..overall ALHAMDULILLAH it was a good paper..:D