• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was econ p42 guys?

Reaction score
Yeah I know, but I got confused about efficiency and thought it could be related to market failure. Although I wrote every thing related to market failure and linked the answer by saying that the higher the profits are encouraged, the more private and de merit goods are produced causing negative externalities. And I made all the graphs. How much will I lose? 10-15 marks?

Reaction score
Can you guys , like answer my question too?
in that u had to argue whether prifits mean efficiency and they shud be encouragd or not?
u can say profit helps to be effiecnt as firmd try to minimse their cost to achieve it..define efficiency productive and allocative....in perfect competitiom its achieved bt nt in mnoply they xploit consumer by charging high prive hence earning supernormal profits..conclusion would be profits should be encouraged bt to certain limot and goverent shud keep an eye on the firms :)

Reaction score
in that u had to argue whether prifits mean efficiency and they shud be encouragd or not?
u can say profit helps to be effiecnt as firmd try to minimse their cost to achieve it..define efficiency productive and allocative....in perfect competitiom its achieved bt nt in mnoply they xploit consumer by charging high prive hence earning supernormal profits..conclusion would be profits should be encouraged bt to certain limot and goverent shud keep an eye on the firms :)
Same thing i wrote <3

Reaction score
umm guys for the possible causes of unemployment question i did not write all the actual causes as in i mention seasonal and cyclical but my other causes were stuff like derived demand, technological changes etc. how much marks do u think i would be loosing for that out of 12? :/