• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was maths paper 3 for oct/nov 2013 session ?

Will they lower the grade treshold for an A like last year's paper 32?

• Total voters

Tkp

Reaction score
i literally dance on the exam hall.it was damn damn tough.30 marks answered and the rest of the answers are created by me

Reaction score
I swear i felt like crying! No bragging but im a pretty high scorer! been getting A's throught! the As paper was ok; but this Paper was just BLOODY HARD! Nothing like the pastpapers! ive practiced around 15-20 papers before the exam! this was Hard! why did they have to make it so hard? leaving us depressed! i have 12 more papers left :( Im from Seychelles! we do variant 2. And we do all ; AS AND A2 together! but i reallly hope threshold is 45 or less for an A!

Reaction score
o my gosh.. i wasn't able to do several questions because of the limited time! Blame panic attack! it caused me to not to think clearly.. maybe the hardest question is number 6... or 10 .. it involves geometry.. i have no idea what to do :S

Reaction score
now that 24h have passed , we can discuss. what did the paper asked us to show in num 6 cuz in exam i almost solved it ( i only had to rearrange it but i ran out of time)?

was it cos2x = (sin2x - pi)/4x ?

ofc replace x with theta

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what their equation of the plane was?
Also what was the binomial expansion? What was the coefficient of x^2?

Reaction score
I remember all the questions.

1. Gradient of the curve (3)
2. Logarithms + Modulus (5)
3. Integration by parts (4)
4. Parametric Equations (6)
5. Trigonometric Identities + Integration (7)
6. Iterative formula (8)
7. Partial fractions + Binomial Theorem (10)
8. Complex Numbers (10)
9. Vectors (11)
10. Differential Equations (11)

That totals up to 75 marks....but I'm not very sure about the marks distribution. But this is what I can kind of remember. Please post your answers question by question so we can compare :)

Reaction score
For integration I got 4ln(something) -4
For iterative I got 0.93
For complex I got 1+2i and -2-4i
for binomial I got something +17/72 x^2
and lastly for differential I got 49.4

Reaction score
Omg! My Binomial is the same :) So is my integration and iterative. I think it was either 17/72 x^2 or 7/72x^2 can't remember :p But anyways....I didn't get complex nos :( I only did a part of differential. :( Did you get the equation of the plane? I don't think you have to worry, you've answered most things!

Reaction score
For integration I got 4ln(something) -4
For iterative I got 0.93
For complex I got 1+2i and -2-4i
for binomial I got something +17/72 x^2
and lastly for differential I got 49.4

I got .95 for iteration. I didn't know if we could use the binomial expansion rule for x^2 and I didn't even attempt! :(

Reaction score
I
I got .95 for iteration. I didn't know if we could use the binomial expansion rule for x^2 and I didn't even attempt! :(
got .95 for iteration too :) Heyy, don't worry about it! I'm sure you'd have made up for it with your other answers :) Did you get the equation of the plane?

Reaction score
It was the most difficult paper I've done and I did all the papers...I did all papers like 5 times and read from the book did excercises BUT still couldn't manage.... I hope they lower the threshold...:/

Reaction score
Did people get the equation of the plane as something like 5x+4y+3z=15 ????? Please answer :)