• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mechanics Paper 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the paper

• Easy

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Hard

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • Not Hard and Not easy

Votes: 75 52.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i do agree 6th question was the trickiest question in the whole paper but if u would read it carefully it was easy basically u got to have time for that which i had!! :) threshold will be around 44 i guess

Reaction score
when are we allowed to discuss the questions? I found the questions quite easy except Q7 part 2, where i got 2 different answers using 2 different methods and not sure which is right?

Reaction score
when are we allowed to discuss the questions? I found the questions quite easy except Q7 part 2, where i got 2 different answers using 2 different methods and not sure which is right?

24 hours from now but I guess we can discuss it via PM privately.

Reaction score
Guys in mechanics not hard not easy means that you lost maximum of 4 markssssssssssss
Easy means that maximum 2 marks you lost................................

Reaction score
Last yr p42 was 31 for A

This paper was harder than last yrs paper
So I say between 30 to 40 for A this yr

I didn't do last years paper as practice. But was this year really harder? A lot of people (i.e. on this thread, feel the paper was easy). I lost a lot of marks in certain parts because no time. And also for no 7. I really hope and pray the threshold is not 44.

Reaction score
I didn't do last years paper as practice. But was this year really harder? A lot of people (i.e. on this thread, feel the paper was easy). I lost a lot of marks in certain parts because no time. And also for no 7. I really hope and pray the threshold is not 44.
It's only q6 and q7 part 2 I'm unsure about

The rest were easy