• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mechanics Paper 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the paper

• Easy

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Hard

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • Not Hard and Not easy

Votes: 75 52.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I appeared for the P42 the last year as well. That was one hell tough. There was this 14 Mark Graph question that almost everyone got wrong, thats why the grade threshold was so low. Its usually around the 40`s.
Today was comparatively very easy. Apart from that Q6, Which half of my friends got right, there was nothing too difficult.
No, it won`t be 44.
GT will probably be 39-41. But it wont be any lower than 39, for sure.
I also appeared for May/June 2012 last year and you are right the paper was damn hard, question 5 and 7 were extremely tough, and that was why the GT was 31, and primarily the reason why I got B in mechanics, however although this paper is tough the Gt would still be 35-37 I reckon, cux so far I haven't seen any mechanics paper with a GT above 40, even if they were easy. this paper was fine neither difficult nor easy as far as I guess

Reaction score
I also appeared for May/June 2012 last year and you are right the paper was damn hard, question 5 and 7 were extremely tough, and that was why the GT was 31, and primarily the reason why I got B in mechanics, however although this paper is tough the Gt would still be 35-37 I reckon, cux so far I haven't seen any mechanics paper with a GT above 40, even if they were easy. this paper was fine neither difficult nor easy as far as I guess
I remember seeing a paper having a gt of 44. Don't remember which year or session.
But that's probably because that paper was a cake walk.
But yeah, you're right, 35-37 should just be enough.

Reaction score
we cant change the answers we have written so my advics is to only pray and not to discuss the paper otherwise you will get tension:LOL:

Reaction score
The October/Nov 2012 papers were almost the same difficulty level. So I can safely say, GT on 40. Apart from the gt, lets just hope whatever it is, we crossed it easily :)

Reaction score
Q.6 (iii) was a only toughest.
Other questions were very straight forwards. If you guys had practice past papers you might have no issues in solving these simple questions.
I did first 5 questions in 30min.
i did q7 in 5 mints can u believe it and i think i have done it right!

Reaction score
Wasn't harder than last year's June 42 IMO. Realistically I think the GT will be somewhere from 36-40.

Reaction score
i got confused in Q 6 as i thought we didnt have to use the equation and only prove it was right by some other method :( Man i am screwed ;'( Please let the GT be 35 pleaseeeee CIEEE !!!

Reaction score
i do agree 6th question was the trickiest question in the whole paper but if u would read it carefully it was easy basically u got to have time for that which i had!! :) threshold will be around 44 i guess
hey what did you get the answer for last question last part.... i got 0.47 m.?

Reaction score
DO NOT DISCUSS!! Just follow simple rules! Don't get the thread closed. No one cares what you got for the last part until 24 hours are over. Relax. Either way, answers can't be changed. Be fair and wait for 24 hours (probably 20 hours now) just like everyone else or PM someone. Simple. :)