• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was physics p51??

Reaction score
my dependent was theta and my independent was w cuz in the ride the spinning rod was causing the seats to move not the other way around!!

Reaction score
my dependent was theta and my independent was w cuz in the ride the spinning rod was causing the seats to move not the other way around!!
No, see w = 2 pii/T so basically the more you change the angle the more your time period and therefore your w changes.
That's why w was the dependent variable.

Reaction score
No, see w = 2 pii/T so basically the more you change the angle the more your time period and therefore your w changes.
That's why w was the dependent variable.
yea thats fine for the experiment but we were supposed to be testing for the ride and in the ride no body held the people at an angle and released them

Reaction score
AsSalamoalaikum wr wb!

btw we DIDNT have to take any powers...!! cuz that was the unit of the quantity we were taking log of...nothing else....lg on it's own has no unit..!

Reaction score
AsSalamoalaikum wr wb!

btw we DIDNT have to take any powers...!! cuz that was the unit of the quantity we were taking log of...nothing else....lg on it's own has no unit..!
Wa alaykum asalaam!!! Really???? Are u sure?

Reaction score
Wa alaykum asalaam!!! Really???? Are u sure?
yup....
ermm..if you're still confused..u can check pastpapers...i solved june 2009 and alhumdulilah an exactly similar question came. I'm very sure about it. See the comment in the examiner report for that paper :D

Reaction score
Guys.
1) The question clearly asked how Theta varies with Omega. Hence angular velocity is the Independant vairable, while the angle is the dependant variable.
You do not change the period. You change the speed, and hence omega changes causing a change in Theta.
The experiment should be somehow like the attachment posted below.
2) Log of values is unitless, hence the gradient is unitless too around 1.5-1.8.

That is my opinion on the matter. Feel free to discuss.

Attachments

• Chapter_18_Practical_1.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Guys.
1) The question clearly asked how Theta varies with Omega. Hence angular velocity is the Independant vairable, while the angle is the dependant variable.
You do not change the period. You change the speed, and hence omega changes causing a change in Theta.
2) Log of values is unitless, hence the gradient is unitless too around 1.5-1.8.

AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

That's correct (y)

I mean atleast what I understood...i did read the question again..cuz after writing the whole experiment i got confused :p then i realized it's correct..i just gave away my paper...thinking it'd do no good me keeping the paper :p

Reaction score
Guys.

i agree with u completly....

Reaction score
weel, i thought i had messed up wen i read the first few comments in this thread, but Alhamdulillah, all seems well... n InshAllah, it will be :D

Reaction score
We didn't have to rotate the rod! Only the string attached to a stand!
the independant variable was the angle and the dependant was w^2 or rather taking T^2 and then using it in the formulae w^2 = 4 pii ^2/ T^2
The mass of load and length of string was supposed to be kept constant.
I did it the same Way!!
and now after what my friends wrote and seeing the last of the thread i am scared :( I might lose all 15 marks!!!!:cry:

Reaction score
I did it the same Way!!
and now after what my friends wrote and seeing the last of the thread i am scared :( I might lose all 15 marks!!!!:cry:
I have to disagree.
-Just by noting that you have mentioned mass of load and length of string as constant,,, you gain 2 marks.
-w=2pie/T ---> 1 mark
- measure T by stopwatch ---> 1 mark
-plotting of a correct graph and axis= 2 marks
- safety precaution /additional details ---> 3 marks

I think you atleast have 9 out of 15 marks in you hand from Question 1. That is above the A threshold by about 5 marks. Therefore, I dont think you need to worry about Paper 5. Question 1 Atleast.

Reaction score
I have to disagree.
-Just by noting that you have mentioned mass of load and length of string as constant,,, you gain 2 marks.
-w=2pie/T ---> 1 mark
- measure T by stopwatch ---> 1 mark
-plotting of a correct graph and axis= 2 marks
- safety precaution /additional details ---> 3 marks

I think you atleast have 9 out of 15 marks in you hand from Question 1. That is above the A threshold by about 5 marks. Therefore, I dont think you need to worry about Paper 5. Question 1 Atleast.
*feeling shy*
dude seriously i even cried(not literally) when i heard my friends, i was like thts it, no more A* for me.