• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHYSICS PAPER 2 AS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
hey :) just to confirm some stuff..i took the paper 22
bout the potential divider question, when the light intensity increases, the resistance should decrease n so the ammeter reading increases or decreases??
how bout the p.d. across XY??? does it remain the same or increases??

Reaction score
p22
MINE SUCKED...WHAT WAS THE FREQUENCY? I GOT 1000 AND ANS WAS 500.
WHAT WAS THE LAST ANS IN NUCLEAR QUESTION? EXPLAINING PART
WHAT WAS C IN 1ST Q N UNCERTAINTY ?
EXPECTED GRADE? min is 46 :(
is it 500? or is it 1000?

Reaction score
bout the potential divider question, when the light intensity increases, the resistance should decrease n so the ammeter reading increases or decreases??
Current falls
Pd falls

Reaction score

The current increases, because the total parallel resistance decreases, so the overall resistance of the circuit decreases.
For the second the voltmeter reading decreases because the resistance in parallel decreases.

Reaction score
I know, but most of my friends tell me that since we are taking inverse of V/t, the power will come infront and it will become negative :S..
I hope you and I are right. My uncertainty value was 8.9 X 10^-5

also , my value of C came 1.035X10^-3
in the next question after uncertainty, the significant figure one,
I wrote it as : 1.04 X10^-3 + or - .089 X 10-3

is it right? some of them are telling I have to round up .089 to .09 :S.. what are your remakrs about that?

BTW, if my uncertainty value is wrong, will they allow ecf for the appropriate significant figure question ?

ANYONE LOOKING AT THIS, WOULD BE NICE IF YOU ANSWERED .. :) thanks.

Your values are right. I got the same. :)
But you did have to round up .89 to .9
since your actual value was to 2 decimal place your uncertainty should be the same.
But don't worry, that'll only cost you a mark.

Reaction score
does any1 remember P.E? did we have to find the change in P.E between A and B or aftr it has bounced off till B?

Reaction score
hahahahah..............wrong..!!!!! lambda was obviously 68 cm...convert to metres.......= .68m....the 340/0.68....= 500Hz.....simple as that........if any one got answerlike 1000 means he took lamba has 38 which was wrong and the trick in the ques which apparently will loose 2 marks out of 3

Ok, I culdn't have been more stupid. I got the frequency as 500 and i got the formula right. BUT, i was in such a rush that i ended up getting the middle step wrong. i wrote it in pencil first and it was fine but when i wrote it with pen again i got the middle step wrong. how many marks do you reckon i'll lose? :confused:

Reaction score
hahahahah..............wrong..!!!!! lambda was obviously 68 cm...convert to metres.......= .68m....the 340/0.68....= 500Hz.....simple as that........if any one got answerlike 1000 means he took lamba has 38 which was wrong and the trick in the ques which apparently will loose 2 marks out of 3

Oh, and also, for the very last part of question two where you had to state and explain the over all change in energy, what did you write?
only about the conversion of GE to KE at the plate and then again about the conversion of KE to GE at B?

Reaction score
i read the posts earlier n they said to get an A for the oct/now 2011 paper was just 30/60..is it so??

Reaction score
n for the steel question, they asked us 2 name 2 other quantities..i wrote area at first n then changed to radius/diameter (not sure which 1)...coz it was stated there as quantity measured..n area cnt really be measured rite..any opinion guys??

Reaction score
The current increases, because the total parallel resistance decreases, so the overall resistance of the circuit decreases.
For the second the voltmeter reading decreases because the resistance in parallel decreases.
oh ok..thnks :)