• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHYSICS PAPER 2 AS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Okay i got this question wrong but i solved it afterwards and the ans was 500Hz how? let me explain read this properly and please everyone SHUT the F___ UP..
The graph had 3 nodes and 2 antinodes.
This meant that a total of 2 complete stationery waves were formed.
The distance between 2 nodes or 2 antinodes is Lambda/2
since they had 3 nodes the distance would be Lambda/2 + lambda/2 = 0.68
Which means lambda = 0.68
Then 340/0.68 and here you go 500Hz.
Other way was by using the distance between 2 A.N.
The distance was 0.34 cm
Since they were 2 A.N it was lambda/2 =0.34
so lambda=0.68
meaning again 500Hz.
There was one other way too using distance between node and A.N tht was 0.17cm
Since distance between 1 Node and A.N is lambda/4
lamda/4 = 0.17cm
agains u'll get 0.68 and then 500hz frequency..
Now people please stop suggesting lame tricks etc if u know the concept of what a stationery wave is u'll see that 500 was the right answer :p :p :p :p :p :p

The distance between two antinodes was 0.17m, punk.

Reaction score
The distance between two antinodes was 0.17m, punk.

well,to solve the mystery of frequency...i have a question?
Okay i got this question wrong but i solved it afterwards and the ans was 500Hz how? let me explain read this properly and please everyone SHUT the F___ UP..
The graph had 3 nodes and 2 antinodes.
This meant that a total of 2 complete stationery waves were formed.
The distance between 2 nodes or 2 antinodes is Lambda/2
since they had 3 nodes the distance would be Lambda/2 + lambda/2 = 0.68
Which means lambda = 0.68
Then 340/0.68 and here you go 500Hz.
Other way was by using the distance between 2 A.N.
The distance was 0.34 cm
Since they were 2 A.N it was lambda/2 =0.34
so lambda=0.68
meaning again 500Hz.
There was one other way too using distance between node and A.N tht was 0.17cm
Since distance between 1 Node and A.N is lambda/4
lamda/4 = 0.17cm
agains u'll get 0.68 and then 500hz frequency..
Now people please stop suggesting lame tricks etc if u know the concept of what a stationery wave is u'll see that 500 was the right answer :p :p :p :p :p :p

in the Question did they mention that it is a stationary wave or they just said that its a PART of wave??? Any one who remember???

i think nodes etc can be on the progressive wave as well....
Hahahaha. I think u need glasses :p or some concept. Because i dont think ur referring to 2 antinodes caz the distance was 0.34cm. 1000% sure.

Reaction score
Yeah im pre
500 Hz was NOT the answer, I repeat. The idiots who got 500 probably made the mistake of thinking it was a uniform stationary wave, taking the distance from the start to the end of the wave to be 0.68m and the distance between three nodes. Lol, I say. It was a PART of the wave, and so the distance between two successive nodes/antinodes somewhere in the middle of the wave had to be taken.
yeah im pretty sure youre right bro, because in the previous part they asked us to label nodes and anti nodes and once that is done its obvious the distance would be taken through those points and not the graph itself

Reaction score
Yeah im pre
yeah im pretty sure youre right bro, because in the previous part they asked us to label nodes and anti nodes and once that is done its obvious the distance would be taken through those points and not the graph itself
But then again im just talking about the concept i dont exactly remember the distance b/w two nodes so im not referring to your answer

Reaction score
Btw for the question about young modulus, was the graph below the line, AND halfway between the end? Or just below the line was sufficient?

ANd has anyone started revising for paper 1? I feel so lazy in this weather

Reaction score
force cant be on the y axis

in that experiment force is the independent variable which means we change force and extension is dependent variable which means extension varies with force

So it should be Force on x axis and Extension on y axis.

If this is so the second graph should have twice the gradient of the graph already drawn
im certain it was extension on x axis...............got d photographic memory

Reaction score
Force was on the y axis. Please stop this lame argument and open your damn books for a change. Force versus extension graph is also given in some textbooks. :p :p

Reaction score
well,to solve the mystery of frequency...i have a question?

in the Question did they mention that it is a stationary wave or they just said that its a PART of wave??? Any one who remember???

i think nodes etc can be on the progressive wave as well....
THIS IS THE BEST CONCEPTUAL EXPLANATION WHICH CAN BE GIVEN FOR 500HZ QUESTION..... i hope it shuts doors for all controversies.........well it better.

CONSIDER THE IMAGE.
Untitled.jpg .

Reaction score
whats done is done.... now focus on the next MCQs physics one.... try scoring bets in it..... cuz many people have much days to prepare.... Best of luck everybody :)

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. And if I remember correctly, the distance between two successive antinodes was 17cm=0.17m. So, 0.17x2=0.34m. And hence, 340/0.34=1000Hz.
umm do u know wat the antinode was on that wave? a wave of intensity nd distance? the highest points( i think it was 2 not sure) while the nodes where the ones on the x axis. as intensity is maximum during an antinode and zero during a node. nd the distance between two of them was 0. 34. multiply that by 2 nd u get 0.68

Reaction score
Force was on the y axis. Please stop this lame argument and open your damn books for a change. Force versus extension graph is also given in some textbooks. :p :p
i dont wanna start another argument, but isnt out put power, the work done usefully/s + work done against r/s......consider the example:

a motor lifts a 5kg mass by 5 metere , the mass has Kinetic energy of 15J at top starting from rest. work done against resistence is 20J...then as i know physics, the motors output power = (5*9.81)(5) + 15 + 20 = 280.25J................any thing wrong in my calc?

Reaction score
umm do u know wat the antinode was on that wave? a wave of intensity nd distance? the highest points( i think it was 2 not sure) while the nodes where the ones on the x axis. as intensity is maximum during an antinode and zero during a node. nd the distance between two of them was 0. 34. multiply that by 2 nd u get 0.68

Yes, that's right. The highest points were the antinodes. I just don't exactly remember the distance between successive ones. :/

Reaction score
i dont wanna start another argument, but isnt out put power, the work done usefully/s + work done against r/s......consider the example:

a motor lifts a 5kg mass by 5 metere , the mass has Kinetic energy of 15J at top starting from rest. work done against resistence is 20J...then as i know physics, the motors output power = (5*9.81)(5) + 15 + 20 = 280.25J................any thing wrong in my calc?
Hi.
No man. What is power input then? Just answer me this. Youre not distinguishing between power input and power output. They would've never given constant velocity or constant resistive force if they didn't want to test your reasoning on this concept. Your calculation is correct. Concept? not so much. But what's done is done. So just pray. :)