• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHYSICS PAPER 2 AS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
well,to solve the mystery of frequency...i have a question?

in the Question did they mention that it is a stationary wave or they just said that its a PART of wave??? Any one who remember???

i think nodes etc can be on the progressive wave as well....
What u think is wrong go check the book :p and plus the question was all about stationery waves r u kinda like blind? :p both the part a and b were of S.W wasn't it obvious the next would be also :p

Reaction score
Hi.
No man. What is power input then? Just answer me this. Youre not distinguishing between power input and power output. They would've never given constant velocity or constant resistive force if they didn't want to test your reasoning on this concept. Your calculation is correct. Concept? not so much. But what's done is done. So just pray. :)
I think you are righ.I had both answers in my mind but I went with the wrong one.I will for sure appreciate if you help me with one question.Will e.c.f be considered in this paper?And did your paper went really awsome so that I may consider asking you some doubts I have.:)

Reaction score
Hi.
No man. What is power input then? Just answer me this. Youre not distinguishing between power input and power output. They would've never given constant velocity or constant resistive force if they didn't want to test your reasoning on this concept. Your calculation is correct. Concept? not so much. But what's done is done. So just pray. :)
Okay so dudette thing is i went with the same answer as yours hope we get it right inshAllah. But i asked my sir he said the ans could go anyway since he didnt specifically mentioned usefull power output plus he said since he didn't see the question by himself its hard to judge what the examiner was really asking. I went with yes caz that was the trick u wont find an easy question especially of reasoning in an AS PHYSICS paper. Plus to me it looked so obviouslly Effective power output just by the way he presented the question i think :D

Reaction score
I think you are righ.I had both answers in my mind but I went with the wrong one.I will for sure appreciate if you help me with one question.Will e.c.f be considered in this paper?And did your paper went really awsome so that I may consider asking you some doubts I have.:)
Yeah sure. It didn't go awesome but it was generally good. Ask away.

Reaction score
Okay so dudette thing is i went with the same answer as yours hope we get it right inshAllah. But i asked my sir he said the ans could go anyway since he didnt specifically mentioned usefull power output plus he said since he didn't see the question by himself its hard to judge what the examiner was really asking. I went with yes caz that was the trick u wont find an easy question especially of reasoning in an AS PHYSICS paper. Plus to me it looked so obviouslly Effective power output just by the way he presented the question i think :D
yeah man.This guy is really nice.His knowledge extends beyond ones imagination.Even teachers are somtimes puzzled by his questions.Beleive him.I trust him too.

Reaction score
Force was on the y axis. Please stop this lame argument and open your damn books for a change. Force versus extension graph is also given in some textbooks. :p :p
oh yeah? must be in a text book you wrote.
Check wikipedia and everything else that matters

Everytime in Young Modulus question it is extension against force

Reaction score
oh yeah? must be in a text book you wrote.
Check wikipedia and everything else that matters

Everytime in Young Modulus question it is extension against force
Oh dear sonny boy, the graph of force against extension is drawn in their course approved books. So YOU read things which matter. Wikipedia doesn't get you A's son. :p :p :p

Reaction score
Oh dear sonny boy, the graph of force against extension is drawn in their course approved books. So YOU read things which matter. Wikipedia doesn't get you A's son. :p :p :p
How can force against extension be a proper graph.
Force is an independant variable and Extension is dependant variable

You swallow everything which is told to you without attempting to understand the concepts behind it.

Reaction score
How can force against extension be a proper graph.
Force is an independant variable and Extension is dependant variable

You swallow everything which is told to you without attempting to understand the concepts behind it.
Dude I 100% agree with you on that concept. I'm just saying that the graph is possible. In their approved coursebooks the energy stored in the string is calculated by finding the area under the FORCE-EXTENSION GRAPH i.e. Force on the y axis and extension on the x axis. So the question was technically correct because it is in their coursebooks. It's better to open the course books rather than to argue.

Reaction score
Hi.
well i checked from many places on net............: the output power of a car engine doesnt refer to its useful power output, but it includes any heat , sound, and mechanical output, so im confident that my answer is correct, but i cant suppose the converse argument is wrong if you mentioned "useful" power out put ...........so i guess examiners will have to credit any statement which makes sense as far as the matter is concerned. oh well lets wait for 13th august...i hope it doesnt spoil a 60/60 !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
well i checked from many places on net............: the output power of a car engine doesnt refer to its useful power output, but it includes any heat , sound, and mechanical output, so im confident that my answer is correct, but i cant suppose the converse argument is wrong if you mentioned "useful" power out put ...........so i guess examiners will have to credit any statement which makes sense as far as the matter is concerned. oh well lets wait for 13th august...i hope it doesnt spoil a 60/60 !!!!!!!!
Yes, exactly. Even I'm sure that my answer is correct. :D But lets just hope for the best. 60/60 it is. :)