• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics paper 52?

Reaction score
yes but still i got 8. something
I forgot to take power of x in -3, how many marks will they cut? I guess because of wrong power my gradient and error and everything got wrong.. no? :( paper was east though.. q1 was easy too.

Reaction score
what intercept did you guys get?

was it around 14 or was it a small number (less than one.....maybe negative)

Reaction score
I forgot to take power of x in -3, how many marks will they cut? I guess because of wrong power my gradient and error and everything got wrong.. no? :( paper was east though.. q1 was easy too.

how did u forget??did you not see the values they gave on the graph paper..it gave a clear idea abt 10 -3

Reaction score

what did u kept constant on q1??frequeny or current??

Reaction score

i did the same mistake..and according to mark schemes i have seen till now the marks for gradient and intercept+ thier uncertainities all wld be deducted beacuse there is no place for e.c.f as we read the graph data incorrect..but they may award marks for finding k and v and d but that was jst worth 2\3 marks

Reaction score
i did the same mistake..and according to mark schemes i have seen till now the marks for gradient and intercept+ thier uncertainities all wld be deducted beacuse there is no place for e.c.f as we read the graph data incorrect..but they may award marks for finding k and v and d but that was jst worth 2\3 marks
Not possible. They'll cut one or two marks.. they'll see our method for errors and all.

Reaction score
mine was 6 for the line of best fit. 'not taking the power of -3' wont cost you much. i dont think so. its the ratio that counts.
Yeah I forgot to take power of -3, are you sure they won't cut so many marks? How many marks will they cut? Any idea?

Reaction score
a maximum of 3:
-2 for the gradient and uncertainty thing
-1 for a wrong value of the constant. on that i doubt. marks cannot be deducted in the latter part of the question once it has been cut. what they emphasize on is the steps.