• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics paper 52?

Reaction score
I got 8.3 ish and -1.04ish and didnt take the 10^-3 :s can someone please tell me what they got?

Reaction score
that's wat i mentioned before. its the ratio between y and x which makes a graph. we dont always get 'that much' as a gradient (whatever is got if the power taken is -3). BUT still, as quoted, wat they provided in the table was in one thousandth. so the confusion continues.

correct or not, the rests are going to be fine :)

Reaction score
i
got - 1.02
the weird thing for me was that the error in y-intercept was like +-2 which is greater than the actual value of y-intercept -0.5
but now that i think about it this is possible in certain circumstances but how was i supposed to write it down

-0.5+-2.0????? lol this looks ................................................

for those who got negative y-intercept, didnt you face a similar problem(error>than best value)?

Reaction score
the weird thing for me was that the error in y-intercept was like +-2 which is greater than the actual value of y-intercept -0.5
but now that i think about it this is possible in certain circumstances but how was i supposed to write it down

for those who got negative y-intercept, didnt you face a similar problem(error>than best value)?

yeah got the uncertainty greater!!kinda weird
think it was wrong i've halved it because using the actual value; my %uncertainty in F was greater than 100%

Reaction score

haha same i got - 1.02 +- 1.1 lol :p...but i think we should start preparing for paper 4 now

Reaction score
My percentage uncertanity came to about 10.6% not too sure if it really was correct or not

Reaction score

same here i got itercept -0.92 and and uncertainity -2.67 or smthng i think we did smthng wrong else how can uncertainity be greater than the actual vale?:confused:

Reaction score
Not possible. They'll cut one or two marks.. they'll see our method for errors and all.

i hope that happens but see we hav got the gradient wrong and uncertainities wrong and that qstn was worth 2 marks so where do u expect them to give us a mark?and the same goes for intercept...but i hope what u r saying happens its good for me too